Tuesday, March 30

Lighting from Blah to Ooh-La-La!


Here we see the light fixture in my newly beautified laundry room / bathroom.
Yes, I know it's pathetic, and that it completely ruins all that we tried to accomplish in here. But I didn't want to shell out the big bucks for what I really wanted, and couldn't bear to put up something equally dorky.
So the ugly, globeless light has stayed right there, UNTIL...
While browsing through the Thrift Store the other day, (you knew I was gonna say that didn't you?!) I found this little cutie, and all my problems were solved. Ahh, good things come to those who wait :)
Just a few quick coats of black satin spray paint, and a little bit of sweet talk later (that was to get the hubs to hang it up for me...),
and Ooh-La-La! I Likey!!
Oh, did I mention it was 3.99? (You know you're getting a good deal when the bulbs cost more than the fixture!)
Photobucket

5 comments:

Andrea said...

It's perfect!

Unknown said...

Love it! You have quite the thrift store there! Our goodwill is getting so high, it's cheaper to buy it brand new!!!

Cindy said...

Brittany~ Your light fixture is gorgeous!!! And so inexpensive, you do the prettiest things for next to nothing. Good for you, girl! Hugs, Cindy S

Charity said...

So cute!! What an improvement! And so fun to see a chandy in the bathroom. :)

Unknown said...

Amazed...again! It's really beautiful. I love the crystal in the middle. Adds a touch of blingage. :)