The Thrift store came through for me once again! I've been looking for a coffee table for our den for a while now, so I was thrilled to find this one for 10 bucks.
Yeah, I think somebody was a little rough on the poor thing...
But it was very sturdy, and had "good bones". Perfect for a redo!
Here she is after she got all spiffed up...

I sanded the top down real good, dry brushed some white paint into the wood, sanded it some more, then topped it off with some poly. I like the weathered beachy look!

The rest of it just good a good dose of solid white paint, and a hint of distressing on the edges.

I love it! Now the den feels much more complete. Ahhh...what would I do without the Thrift stores?!
Visit the Chari Tree to see other Finished Object Friday posts!

15 comments:
The coffee table looks great. It is amazing what you can find at Thrift stores. Sure wish we had some in our little town.
I love what you did to that coffee table. I just bought a coffee table from a thrift store. Thanks for sharing your creativity.
You never cease to amaze me. :) I think you should take me thrift store shopping. I can never find stuff.
very nice!!!! You amaze me. Love the Goodwill myself. I just redid a rocking chair. posted on my blog.
The coffee table looks great...right out of Coastal Living Mag! Great find!!
I love it. Great job.
I love it!! It looks great in your "beachy" room! I love the extra storage that it gives as well.
I like!
Karen
Love love love it! your beachy room is looking great!
Your coffee table looks amazing! You have scored again!! Your beachy room looks wonderful, you are a very talented gal. Hugs, Cindy S.
Love how you painted it! Looks so great in that beautiful room!
That is just amazing! You did a great job refinishing it. That's talent.
' that's when Goodwill came through once again/ when I'd lost all my courage to shop/ Just when I thought I'd been defeated, ten bucks was all I needed/that's when Goodwill came through once again!'
Sorry. Couldn't resist! :)
The table looks great. Too bad I'm not feeling inspired...
Your decorating never ceases to amaze me! You are so inspiring.
Gillian makes me laugh!! It was so fun coming to your house last night and personally drinking in your creativity!
Post a Comment