Friday, January 8

Sneak peek into my shabby haven...

We've been working in the master bedroom, and I am just LOVIN' how it's all coming together. It's not finished yet, so I won't be showing you the whole thing - just a little peek :) I chose a light grayish blue called "quiet rain" for the walls - it's so delicious I could just eat it up!
Did ya notice my "art" above the bed? Can you guess what it is?

I'll give you a little hint. Here is the ceiling of our church...
Isn't it the most beautiful thing?! I've loved that ceiling ever since I was a teeny little thing. I'd lay my head back and count all those tiles during church :) Anyway, I found 2 old extra tiles buried in the basement, and I knew I had to use them in our bedroom...at least until the church needs them again :) So, I give you my Finished Object Friday...
Ceiling tiles turned Shabby Chic.
I put the scrolly piece (what DO you call those things, anyway?!) on the top and made up a wreath of hydrangeas to add some chic to the shabby. Some of you are probably thinking that the cheese has completely slid off my cracker, but I just love how it looks! And really, you can't beat the price! :)

Oh, and I'm trying a new idea for the curtains. But I'm still not 100% sure on that one.
But I know that I love the shears - they're perfect, so light and delicate.
Hey, I'll even throw in a little show-and-tell for free...
See the floral printed sheet folded back? My folks bought that set back when they got married...thirty something years ago :) It's from Woolworth's...anybody remember that store? It's so old that it is unbelievably soft - I like it better than my new ones! So I've got more than 1 piece of history in there. I just love old stuff.
When the room's all done, I'll show you some before and afters, k?
I'm linking up with Chari's Finished Object Friday - check it out!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

It's absolutely beautiful. Every inch of it. :)

Sandra said...

Oh my! I love it! I just showed your photos to my husband because this is how I want our bedroom! I want that romantic look in ours!
You did such a great job!
Sandra

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Simply LKJ said...

Brittany,
I love it! The wall color is fabulous!! We are in the process of redoing our bedroom...heavy colors and fabrics...I am going to soft ivorys. Love the ceiling tile idea. I needed something for above our bed as well. Will have to look for some. Loved Woolworth's as a child...the soda fountain was a real treat back then.

Charity said...

LOVE IT! I saw some ceiling tiles at an antique shop last week. I can't wait to see the finished room. Oh, and the older the better on sheets... I miss my sheets from before we got married. I think my parents got them for their wedding, and you're right - super soft! (Although mine now are pretty soft as well.)

trish said...

Your room is beautiful. :o)

Shirley said...

I love every inch of it. You do an amazing job of transforming a room. It was so much fun to be there and watch you in action. I can't say I learned how...just admired your skill and vision.

Andrea said...

WOW!! I love your wall art!! I think it's beautiful!! and the curtain hooks too!
You should really open a B&B! with decorating like that, anyone would feel like a queen (or king)
...in all your spare time, of course ;)

Anonymous said...

You are one smart little gal! Your master is gorgeous. I personally love the Shabby Chic look and would have my whole house like that if I could. It is going in that direction now actually and I am enjoying it so much more. The tile is perfect and your curtains are looking good. I remember Woolworths, I lived in the state of Washington until I was nine, and then my dad decided to move us to Canada to start a church. But we lived near Aberdeen and they had a Woolworths. I loved that store, I did a lot of dreaming in there. Hugs, Cindy S.

Anonymous said...

You really have an eye for decoration...especially as inexpensive as you do it. I am in the process of doing our bedroom, but it's funny how my bedroom always get the last look. I always clean every room and decorate every other room but my bedroom. Maybe one day I'll get it done. Lovely Room!

Melissa said...

Love it, Love it! I am ordering a blue and white quilt for our bedroom, hope to have it looking pretty before long. Maybe you should come and visit and do it for me.

TidyMom said...

Ceiling tiles!! LOVE it!!! now I'm on the hunt for some cool ceiling tiles!