Happy Friday!
Have y'all seen the blog Shanty 2 Chic? If you're lacking creative inspiration, it's your one stop shop! I love lots of their projects...but when I saw this one...

I knew I had to try it. Like Right That Very Minute.
I found an old piece of 2x4 in the garage, hubby cut it all up into blocks for me, and then a quick run to Hobby Lobby for a few other things and I was in business. Here's my Shanty knock-off:
But they're not exactly "finished" yet.... For the life of me, I can't figure out what happened to my little Christmas jingle bells. Whenever they turn up, I'll add a few to make them a touch more festive. These were super easy to make, and think of the possibilities! I can change out the letters for other seasons, stencil monograms on them, stencil fluer-de- lis on them....ya know, I could really get carried away... My only problem now is deciding where to put them. On the mantle, on the buffet in my new dining room, on the kitchen counter....maybe I should make some more...
But I'm not the only one getting started on Christmas things... You'll find some more holiday creativity at Chari's Finished Object Friday!

9 comments:
I saw these at Shanty2Chic, they look nice, but I thought white would be better and THEY ARE!!
Great job!!
So cute!! I agree that the white version is prettier. Those would even go in your beachy room! :)
Love them! I totally agree they look so much better in white. I am off to try my hand at the cups you made a while back, thanks for the idea.
Too Cute! These would be cute anywhere, If you made the whole alphabet you could change it daily!
they are wonderful!! I love them.... now will you share where you got your suppies? Are those candles sticks of different sizes and what about the tops? I may just have to try my hand at these. Thanks for sharing!
Oh I just love these and the white is perfect! :o)
Thanks y'all! I just had to try these in heirloom white, so happy that you all agree with me :) Maresa, the supplies are very simple...
3 various candlesticks (I had one already, and bought 2 more unfinished ones at Hobby Lobby in the wood works section.)
3 small finials (also from HobLob)
3 chunks off of a 2X4
3 little pieces of burlap(I stenciled the letters on with craft paint)
Heirloom white spray paint,and mocha glaze for a little antiquing.
And lastly, top them off with a touch of jute string tied in a bow...I'll add the jingle bells as soon as I find them...
Oh, and take the Shanty sister's advice and glue the pieces together with epoxy...hot glue didn't work so well :) Have fun!
thanks Brittany. I did buy the tops today at Hobby Lobby but they only had two of the candle sticks. they were the same size so I wondered how you got them different heights? also how many inches are your 2 by 4 chunks? I can't wait to get some made.
Hmmm...not sure why Hobby Lobby didn't have candlesticks in different heights. Our store had several to choose from, maybe they were just out of them. We cut the wood in 6 inch lengths. You might check out the tutorial on Shanty 2 Chic's blog - it was pretty good.
Post a Comment