Monday, November 9

The Beachy Den Reveal!

Ta Da!
All of my grunt work is starting to pay off. I'm so excited about how the den is coming together! Never mind the little guy on the couch, he was so intent on his drawing that I didn't have the heart to make him get up.

Do ya remember the "before"? Let me refresh your memory...

And another "after".
Actually, it's more of a "during". I still have to decorate and move in some more furniture.
I finally finished re-doing all of those prints and got them hung on the wall. I just love it when things turn out right, don't you?!
I found the lifesaver ring at Goodwill. It had bright red stripes on it, so it got a major redo.
Oh, and let me tell you about the sofa! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the IKEA and Pottery Barn white slipcovered furniture, but I wasn't about to shell out that much moolah. So, (beware, here comes another redneck remedy...) I found a nice used sofa on craigslist that was the same size as the IKEA sofa. Get this. I paid 25.00 for it, and the guy threw in 2 filing cabinets just because I bought the sofa. It just don't get much better than that. Then I ordered the slipcover from IKEA for 49.00. So I got my Pottery Barn sofa for 74.00! That's WAY more like it.
Then I found some cheap throw pillows from Wal-Mart, and stenciled on some beachy little starfish to complete the sofa. I wanted to make pillows out of burlap, but in the end the comfort factor won out. Burlap is a bit scratchy...

Now I can't wait to get those bookshelves filled with goodies, move in a few more things, and call it done. But right now...I'm just gonna take it easy. I painted like a mad woman for a whole week, but I got 3 whole rooms done!! I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel, if the train doesn't run over me first...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks WONDERFUL!!! I am wanting to do a beachy theme in our Master Bathroom. Kinda Spa, beachy relaxing. Does that make sense? I didn't think so. ha I have been lurker for some time and wanted to say your Blog is a blessing. I went to Walmart to find the Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint. Do you have to buy it at Lowe's or somewhere like that? Can you give me the brand name of it? And, do you have to use spray primer before using it on lamps that are metal. I know 1000 questions. sorry. My email address is griggsrb at yahoo dot com. Or I will just check back on your blog.
Becca

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brittany said...

Hi, Becca! It's always nice to meet a new friend :) You're welcome any time. The oil rubbed bronze is getting harder to find :( Some Wal Marts carry it, others don't. There is only one Wal Mart in our area that keeps it, so you may have to try different stores. Not sure if Lowe's has it. The kind I use is by Krylon. I've never used a primer first and I haven't had any problems. Although I'm sure it definitely wouldn't hurt anything!
Good luck on your bathroom project! And yes, it makes perfect sense :) Thanks again for dropping by.

Simply LKJ said...

Oh my...you have been busy! Love how it is all coming together. Those shelves are amazing, can't wai to see all the goodies you fill them with!!

Shirley said...

My "nerves" are soothed just looking at the Beach Room. When I come I'll bring the Hawaiian music.!!!! Truly, it's beautiful!

Simply LKJ said...

Brittany,
Our local Home Depot carries the ORB paint!
Lauren

Holly said...

It looks comfy and kid friendly. I can't wait to see it all finished. Take a deep breath, you crazy woman. LOL

Andrea said...

It's so perfect! Love the sofa, too! I hope someday to have a PB/Ikea "knock off" sofa!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are something! It just doesn't get any better than a gorgeous, white, slipcovered, $75 sofa! Your den is coming along beautifully. I am enjoying watching what you are doing to your new little home. It is going to be so nice when you are finished, all of your hard work will definitely pay off. Hugs, Cindy S.