Yay me! I remembered to take some pictures for you. Sunday, we had a beautiful sunny day, perfect time to snap a few shots...

Come on in and see what we've done so far...
This is the living room "before".
I LOVE the mirror, but it seems a touch too big for that spot, it overwhelms the fireplace. I think I'll hang it over my piano eventually. And here's the new color...
It's called muted gold, and I looooove it. I also love that antique fireplace! Here's another before shot in the living room...
And another "after"! The drapes look way more red in this picture, they're actually a tad darker.
It's amazing how just a simple coat of paint can really bring out the woodwork. One room down , and ooh, I don't really wanna think about how many more to go. I've started painting the den, but I'm not 100% satisfied with the color. I may change it before I go any further with it. I'm trying to find a pale aqua blue, and on the walls it looked baby blue. It's a little too much, so back to the old drawing board...
A very frightening thing happened over the weekend. My first baby boy turned 6 years old. How could he do that to me?! I mean, I'm still so YOUNG! OK, so maybe I'm not... Boy, time is going by way too fast! He's pretty happy about it though :) Since our birthdays are 2 days apart, we celebrated them together. I always said he was my birthday present.

My Mom made cupcakes for Jackson, and Dave surprised me with a strawberry cheesecake ice cream cake from DQ :) Yummy! What a "sweet" hubby!

7 comments:
Happy Birthday to you both!!! He looks like an adorable b-day present!!! What a darling little boy!!!
Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy
Happy birthday to Jackson and you! (I'll bet the cake was yummy!) :) The living room looks great! I can't wait to see it decorated! :)
Happy Birthday to you both!!
The house is lookin' good! Is the fireplace a "working" one?
Thanks y'all for the birthday wishes :)
Andrea, I'm not sure if the fireplace is a working one or not. We're gonna have to investigate it. If not, I may try to find some electric logs or something. (there's no gas...) Hey, I'll light her up with candles if I have to! :)
June, believe it or not, the muted gold is by Kilz colors from Wal Mart. I love kilz - one coat and it's done. It's the best covering paint I've ever tried. Not to mention, it's cheap! I'm leaning toward an aqua called sea turtle. We'll see...
My "electric" logs only require a 35 watt bulb... :)
Happy Birthday, Britt. Bet your cake was delicious. Yes, there's no doubt about it , Jackson is the best gift ever. What a fun little boy! Hey, 6yrs. is still a very young age, almost a toddler (sometimes,huh?) As for you aging....don't be ridiculous, You are so young and beautiful!
Thanks for the pictures of the house in progress. It's so much fun to watch the process and just think...we don't even have to lift a brush!!
Looking good!!
Post a Comment