Monday, October 26

Chandy Revamp

Progress is slowly being made at the parsonage. The dining room now sports brand new sheet rock, and has been freshly painted. (YAY!) Now it's just waiting for the crown moulding, and a good floor scrubbing. The chandy was nice, just a bit outdated.
Before:
But it was nothing a little spray paint couldn't fix right up!
After:
I just spruced it up with a coat of white satin paint, and updated it by replacing the amber glass globes with cutesy little shades. I can't believe the difference it made! You can see the new wall color in the background. More on that later.

My sweet hubby let me get a new lens for my camera for my birthday, and boy, have I been having a grand ole time playing with it! It does awesome indoor photos, without flash - something I've always struggled with before.
He let me practice on him for just a few minutes.
He makes cute little prop, eh? And I am SO digging that lens....

7 comments:

Shirley said...

That's remarkable what the paint did for the chandy. Wow! I just love it and especially the cute little shades. As for your 'prop', ...is that really my handsome son? What a doll baby! Don't you dare tell him I said that.

Simply LKJ said...

Love the new look on the chandy!! It is gorgeous. Very beachy/cottagey (not sure if those are really words!)

Jennifer Truitt said...

Incredible reform on the light!! What kind of lens did you get for your camera and what kind of camera did you end up getting? I am really wanting to get an additional lens for my camera but I don't even know where to start! I got the book "Digital Photograhpy for Idiots" :) I may be to much of an idiot for it to do much good!~

Holly said...

Whoa, David!!! You're looking goooood! Love Ya, you know! Brit. great photography! Can't wait to be together again!

Brittany said...

Hi, Jen! I ended up getting a Canon Rebel XT off ebay. It had the kit lens and a nice zoom lens with it.(Score!) The lens I just got is a 50mm 1.8, which lets more light through the lens, making it better for indoor photos. (I got that info from the pioneer woman...) Now I can take inside shots with no flash, and no blurries! I wish I knew more about what I'm doing - maybe I should borrow your book! :)

Jennifer Truitt said...

Thanks Brittney! I have a Cannon Rebel XSI which also came with a lens kit....I'm totally kicking myself for not paying the extra $$$ and getting all of the extra lens'!! Oh well live and learn! That Dummy Book is really pretty good! :) There are a lot of really easy to read and understand books in the photography section at the library. I'm enjoying them a lot!

Sandra said...

What a beautiful transformation! I love the results!
Have a wonderful day.
Sandra