I am so notorious for my inability to choose paint colors. I have been known to paint a room 3 times looking for the right color...
It's really pathetic. Well, let's just say...here we go again.
Here's a BEFORE shot of the room we're going to use as a den. The beachy room! The horizontal planks are perfect for a beachy look, but it's got a ways to go yet...

I knew I wanted a pale aqua, so I chose a color called "Harbor Mist".
Meet Harbor Mist.
Eek. Way. Too. BOLD. It's beachy alright, but I was thinking more subtle...
I finally found a wonderful friend - Home Depot paint samples. Oh Glory. Where has this idea been all my life? I bought 4 samples...tried 'em all...and found a winner.
It's called Sea Turtle.
Ahhh. I likey. Much more calming and easy on the eyes.
So, this weekend I'm off to give the whole room a good dose of Sea Turtle! Well, after I finish the trim work, the ceiling, the bookcases, the spackling, the sanding......

5 comments:
Oooh! I like the color! It looks very calming and peaceful. :) I look forward to seeing the results.
Blessings,
Sandra
Very pretty! Now, Angie probably would prefer "Harbor Mist." It was very bright - pretty color, but probably a little too much for a whole room. I like those shelves too... especially for a beachy room. You could back some of them with burlap! :)
Hmmm...I'm liking your burlap idea! I just might have to try it :) Keep thinking... I could use more ideas!
OK! Now I'm just a wee bit jealous of those walls :) But, I'm happy for you, too! ;)
You are awesome! I think this will be my favorite room..or maybe your bedroom if it's blue. You know me!! What a difference the white paint did for the wood around the window.
Post a Comment