Thursday, September 10

A Touch of Antique...

Do you have any of those little things around the house that just nag you every time you look at it...but never seem to have the time to do anything about it?
My chalkboard's been bugging me to pieces. Everything else in the kitchen is antiqued, and the chalkbaord is a beautiful, pure, bright white. The glaze has been sitting there, readily available for. ever. I just haven't stopped long enough to slap it on. So tonight, it bugged me one last time.

Armed with some glaze, an old rag, and a foam brush, I put an end to my misery. ( Applause please...)
Now it blends in so much better with every thing else. And the flowers show up better, too.
Whew. Now I can get back to living. I feel much better now.

7 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

Brittany,
Love the new chalkboard! Isn't it amazing what a little glaze will do.
Lauren

trish said...

Very nice!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love it! You did a wonderful job and I just love your menu choice. It's exactly the same thing as my husband and I are having tonight!

Melissa said...

It is perfect and has me on the look out for one for myself! Thanks for the inspiration!

Many Blessings,
M.

Shirley said...

What a difference! Now I could handle a little project like that...something small to start with. Thanks for the inspiration. Love ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

Your project today is just gorgeous. Can I mention it and your blog on my blog? When I find one that really impresses me, I like to do that. Your kitchen re-do is amazing. I will be doing mine soon, but my old cupboards will have to be torn out, there is nothing there worth keeping.
It is such a pleasure to find your blog, your sweet, Godly spirit comes through in everything you write. Let me know and I will feature you and this project soon. Hugs, Cindy S.

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh it does look better!!! nancy