The hubs says he's sick to death of spray paint, so I'm sharing a completely paint free project just for him. See, sweetie? I can do something besides paint...not very good, mind you, but that's beside the point. But the only requirement for Finished Object Friday is that it must be finished, right? Nobody said it had to be a perfect project.
I made these towels for Chari's Birthday. (Go over there and tell her Happy Birthday!!)
I still can't believe I actually sent them to her - this was my very first stab at appliques...and it's pretty obvious. There is MUCH room for improvement. I'm really feeling the need for an embroidery machine... Hubs, didja catch that part? Just checking...
Here's a little shot of the details. I enjoyed making the pleats lots better than the ruffle that I put on this one. Of course I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much if I did it the right way...I just winged it. No measuring, no planning....just fold it, hold it down , and sew it up! That's just kinda how I roll, don't hold it against me.
Anyway, go to the Chari Tree to see other Finished Objects!
(And don't forget to wish her a Happy Birthday!)

11 comments:
Before you convince him to buy you an embroidery machine, do your research. I got a real nice one at a garage sale for $75. Very good for a beginner like me. Now I'm learning that it is getting to be an outdated model. If I want to download designs I need to buy a $300 Magic Box to convert the files to a format my machine can read. The sewing store can make me cards for my machine with groups of designs I choose, but they cost $95 a piece. And you get the whole group even if you'll only use one design of that group. Very cool machines though and I've been enjoying mine. Christmas, birthday, Mother's Day, and anniversary are coming up within the next year, maybe I'll get a Magic Box. :)
Thanks for the tip! I was actually looking at an inexpensive model at WalMart. It has the ability to use designs downloaded from the internet, but it's not a super fancy professional model - which I don't need. Yeah, I just need something for a beginner :)
That would be cool if it is set up to download. The other day I found a site with a lot of free designs. Very nice ones, not cheesy.
Well done Brittany! I don't even know how to thread a machine so you are far more advanced than I am!
Many Blessings,
Melissa
They are even cuter in person!! Thanks Brittany!! :)
Hmmm...I don't think Dave Ramsey would approve of the embroidery machine - Unless, of course, you're going to be making stuff to sell and get a little money with it. Then it MIGHT be ok! lol
I'd LOOOOOOVE to have one. If you get one, I might just have to come test it for you! :-p
What cute towels! And how sweet of you!!!! Nancy
Just adorable and what a sweet thing to do!!
You did a really great job...they're adorable! I'm sure your friend loved them!
~Michelle :)
Post a Comment