Wednesday, September 2

We're Moving!

Did I just hear you say "again!?" Yep. Again.
The good people at the Jasper Pilgrim Nazarene Church unanimously elected to extend an invitation to David to become their pastor. We made it a matter of much prayer and thought, and both of us felt the Lord leading us to go.

The Jasper church has been very special to us for many years. I was born there, my grandfather pastored the church for many years while I was growing up, I got saved there as a child, and Dave and I were married there as well. We have so many fond memories from this place, it's like we're going back "home".
Although we're happy and excited about where God is leading us...in some ways it is bitter sweet. We've grown to love all of our people here, and it is hard to leave them. We've spent 3 wonderful years here, and made many happy memories. This place will always have a special place in our hearts, too.
There are busy days ahead! We'll be putting our house up for sale, packing and moving things, Dave will be trying to find a new job...the list goes on. But we know that when God leads, He also works out the details. Just be warned that posting may become a bit scant until we're finished moving! I'll be singing the VeggieTales song..."I'm busy busy dreadfully busy...you've no idea what I have to do..."

13 comments:

Donna Pedersen Paul said...

Wishing you all the best!! MANY memories in Jasper!!!

Melissa said...

Congratulations Brittany! I look forward to following your new adventure....and seeing how you make your new house a home!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

Amanda said...

I wish you both the very best. I know the coming days are going to be the toughest, but the Lord will give you grace; He always does. How I know those bitter-sweet feelings.

Unknown said...

"'cause [you're] busy, busy, dreadfully busy, much much too busy for [us]."

Happy packing! I feel your pain, seeing as how I all too recently had to do it myself! Guess it's a good thing we moved here and not there, huh? :-) I guess God knew what He was doing all along - imagine that!

Simply LKJ said...

Many Blessings in your new endeavors. Can't wait to see what you do with your new home.

Angie said...

Congrats on the upcoming move! I hope everything goes well!

Michelle said...

Congratulations and blessings as you head on a new adventure! God is so good and will take care of all the details :)

Have a wonderful day!
~Michelle :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Britt! I will be nice to have you closer, and I know your mom is happy. I guess instead of a "renovating" trip, we can do a "moving" trip and come help you move! Love y'all! Good luck in the hard weeks to come. Hope to see ya' soon.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

How exciting for you all! Best of luck with the move!

Manuela

Andrea said...

Looking forward to seeing your creativity at work in your new home :)

philben5 said...

Best of luck to you in your new endeavor. Not very often do I hear of a fellow "Nazarene". I love the holiness that stands behind the name. I too was saved, sanctified, and raised in the Nazarene church. I have dear memories of revivals and so on. I went to Mid-America Nazarene College in Olathe for 2 years before coming home and marrying the man God chose for me. Sadly in the past 4 years our church has fallen apart as sin entered the doors and tore families and the church apart. BUT we endured until God granted us permission to leave. We pray daily for the church for healing for as we know right now Satan's biggest tool seems to be offense and we don't want him to win the battle. The closest Nazarene church is over 2 hours away from us and so we are attending the E-Free here. My daughter still serves on the District Youth Council and we love the district in a big way. God can use all things for His glory, if we allow. Didn't mean to go on and on. Just fun to meet a fellow Nazarene on blogland.
God's blessings to you and your family.
Roxanne

Holly said...

Hey, you're gonna catch up to Shawn and I's record. Looks like we are staying put for awhile. Its a good thing!!!

Shirley said...

You have a lot of people loving and praying for you. Best of all, Jesus is at the Father's right hand interceding for you...all will be well. I love you Kids! Mom