Thursday, July 23

Vintage Headboard goes Shabby Chic!

I told ya I've been holding out for a cheap headboard...
Well, my waiting paid off! I found this Thomasville headboard on craigslist for 75.00! It is HEAVY. AS. LEAD. It wasn't bad to start with, but I knew it would be better in white...


Before I attacked it with spray paint, it was kind of a maple color:
Remember the bedroom? It was seriously lacking in the headboard department - it definitely NEEDED something...
And this one is exactly what I had in mind. WooHoo!! Perfect.
I'm SOOO happy with it, I could squeal!!
Please excuse the really bad pictures...there was an insane amount of light coming in those windows and it kinda washed out the shots. Once again, my impatience got the best of me...
I decided to participate in Kimba's Do It Yourself Day over at A Soft Place to Land. If you're needing a little inspiration, there's a goldmine of ideas over there!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brittany, I'm squealing right along with you! This headboard is absolutely perfect for your very beautiful bedroom. I'm glad you found it! Terrific job!

Jennifer V said...

It's perfect! I love the whole room! You've got a great style.

AmberDusick said...

It really is perfect, absolutely made for your room!

Melissa said...

You go girl! I find all of your makeovers SO inspirational!

Many Blessings,
M.

Delightful Dwelling said...

Beautiful! I love how it came out and your room is gorgeous. Very cottagey.

Nicole A. said...

Beautiful! I love it! It is gorgeous! It amazes me the difference a headboard makes, your room looks so awesome, love the colors!

Blue Creek Home said...

That was a great price for the headboard. The makeover is just lovely. You did a great job.
Rhonda

Jennifer Truitt said...

Love the headboard Brittney! It finished off your room perfect. I love the soft blues...it looks so peaceful!

Kristi said...

Wow! That is a wonderful find and an incredible makeover. Lucky you!

the undomesticated wife said...

Headboard looks awesome! And you're right...white was the best color for it!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Brittany, That is awesome!!! I love it! It does look good in your bedroom! nancy

Melissa Miller said...

What a deal Brittany!
Thomasville has amazing quality. Your bedroom is truly gorgeous. LOVE the soft color scheme as well.

Thanks for your kind visit tonight.
You're always welcome my friend.
~Warmly, Melissa :)

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Is this your Master Bedroom? It reminds me a lot of mine. I have the Blue Toile also, and you have a lot of inspiration there. The Headboard looks great, and I am so glad I came over to look, because your kitchen is now my inspiration kitchen. My kitchen is red too, with UGLY stained cabinets, WaY worse than what you started with, so I am totally inspired to make mine look a little closer to yours. I have added you to my favorites, so my husband can see. Mine will not end up quite a beautiful as yours , but can't wait to get started. Where did you get your rug? I am in need of 2 new rugs, and I like the way yours looks. I will be back to check out more posts. Your house is beautiful. Jackie

Simply LKJ said...

Definitely the perfect piece!! The room came together beautifully.

Angie said...

That was a truly great find! It is beautiful!

Sandra said...

Wow! What a great find in that headboard! I love it! You did a great job in the paint too! Can I ask? What is the fabric I see underneath your bedspread? Is it a sheet? I just bought a quilt but i'm looking for ways to make it even more pretty. I love the way your bedding all looks. Very pretty!
Blessings,
Sandra