Our master bedroom is mostly finished, so I decided to go ahead and share it. I never did have much patience... If you want to see the room before, click HERE. I love the lighter colors, it's just so soothing.
90% of the decor in this room has been spray painted. I just gathered up things from around the house, painted it all white, and voila. New room. The curtains are all sheets from dollar general. I turned them around backwards to make the colors softer. I'm thrilled with how well they matched everything. I'm holding out for an old headboard, so far craigslist is letting me down.I'm almost too late to get in on the Finished Object Friday, but here's my project. I bought this antique buffet from craigslist (where else?) for a mere 30 bucks. It's huge and SUPER heavy, and I love all the details on it. I knew it would be a great piece to paint...
I'm enjoying the shabby cottage look. I had really gotten tired of our dark formal colors. I think it's important for your bedroom to be a restful place, and a place that makes you happy.
I tried to link up to Chari's Finished Object Friday party, but I think Mr. Linky's on the blinky...

13 comments:
I saw a link to your blog on Heidi B's blog. Your master bedroom looks lovely! My husband would never go for something so beautiful. I love the blue and white, very peaceful. I would expect to see pictures of this in Better Homes and Gardens.
It looks great! Spray paint works wonders once again. (Do the boys have to remember to keep moving so Mom won't paint them? Maybe not. Little boys have more problem staying still.) :) Also, love the new header and the spray paint reference!
Brittany,
It is beautiful. Where did you find your bedspread and dust ruffle? Surely not at Dollar General too. Your curtains are adorable.
Rhonda
Love the bedroom. My bedroom is going to under go major redo pretty soon, from red to yellow & blue. Love the buffet, it looks great.
Hi, Rhonda,
No, I wasn't lucky enough to find the quilt at Dollar General. Bummer...
Actually, I found the shams first, at Marshalls. They didn't have any of the quilts left, so I found one on ebay. The bedskirt is a plain white one from Wal Mart, with battenburg valances stuffed all around on the top. If I weren't so cheap, I'd just buy a nice battenburg bedskirt...
Thanks everyone, for your comments! Chari, the boys have never actually gotten painted, but they do have this annoying habit of "checking" to see if the paint is dry yet. Argh. Yeah, they never seem to have any trouble staying on the move...
Hi Britt, The bedroom is breath-taking, especially to us blue and white lovers. Does David make any smart comments about the tray on the bed? I bet he does!! As for my opinion I would remove the curtains from the dresser and as you say...use the shelved for display. (that's my two cents worth)
BEAUTIFUL job!!!! You do a fabulous job at decorating and are so creative. I enjoyed hearing how you created this lovely space. Glad that you shared it with us. :)
Wow! You are very talented! Everything looks really nice! I agree about the shelves. The fabric looks nice but I think it'd look real neat with the baskets or whatever instead! :-) Great job!!! Do you use polyurethane when you spray paint? Just curious - I was thinking of painting my dresser...
Hi Kristi! I've never used the polyurethane, but I probably SHOULD. I guess I was wanting the shabby chic look, so if some of the paint gets scratched off, it's just all the more shabby! Actually, sometimes I sand off some of the paint to make it look worn.
And I'm looking for some nice baskets for that dresser - I'm so glad y'all helped me with that one! I didn't really like the curtains, it was too much floral. I do have the doors for those openings that came with the dresser - I'm thinking about painting them and putting them back on. We'll see how it goes :)
Your bedroom is beautiful!! I am a blue and white girl myself.
Ok I seriously need some help Brittany! I decided to follow your example and paint my daughter's old yucky dresser. Don't know what went wrong but 4 cans of spray paint later and it doesn't look good at all! It's alot smaller than the one you painted! I don't know what I did! Help! :-)
Hey Kristi, send me an email and tell me exactly what it looks like...don't know if I can be much help, but I'll try:)
foglemans@gmail.com
Oh my, we would be such fast friends! Your bedroom is lovely. I too like the lighter colors and the curtains (that are sheets) are perfect! I read how you created your bedskirt and wondered ... can it be that I have a sibling in the world that I never met?! ha ha ha! I bought a flat sheet and two pillow cases that are the white with blue and waiting to use the sheet for a quilt backing (still working on the front...smile) and the pillow cases will then match the quilt. :o) Mine came from a store called Dirt Cheap. They buy out places like Target, Old Navy, Gap, Walmart, etc. that have clearance items, then sell to the public for (you guessed it) ... dirt cheap. :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Post a Comment