Thursday, April 9

The Bunkhouse

The Bunkhouse is now complete and the lil cowpokes have moved in.
These cute little wagon wheel headboards were salvaged from my Mom's attic. Then like all things that enter my house, they got a good dose of paint.
The room originally looked like this...

And then, as a playroom, it looked like this...

But a lot of shuffling, reorganizing, cleaning out, and generally a whole lot of chaos has taken place since then. Let's take a tour, shall we?

This little sign hangs on the bunkhouse door...

My favorite part of whole room. The corral. Also known as an old headboard full of stick horses.

Here, I'll introduce you. First is Big Brown, next is Silver, and on the end is Black.
My boys are so original and creative when it comes to naming animals. On their beds you'll find "Bear" and "Monkey". So very original.


The great thing about doing a cowboy themed room, is that I used the boy's toys as decorations. Not a whole lot of dough was spent here.



I really splurged on the dresser scarf. I spent a whole dollar on a piece of burlap remnant.
But the very best part of it? The cowpokes are thrilled with it.
And Carson is most proud to have graduated to a real sized bed.


Now that this is all done, I can concentrate on more important things...like Easter.

Easter? Is this Sunday? Oh Dear, these guys don't have a thing to wear. Not that they'll care. I'm sure they're more happy to have their cowboy room all done than new Easter duds.

6 comments:

Shirley said...

I wonder if Jackson and Carson realize what a great Mom they have. The room looks great!

Unknown said...

Brittany,
I understand. I've had a few creatively named pets, too; a cat named Kitty, a stuffed animal named Panther, etc. But the best kind are the not-so-obvious ones, like a dog name Horse - that kind of thing (no I haven't done that yet, but I might some day! :-)
Anyway, the cat is tenatively called Tigger (or Kigger, as Ju says). Most of the time we just call him - you guessed it - Cat.
The bunkhouse is adorable!

Melissa said...

I just love the bunkhouse, you did a great job. I will have to call you when Piper need a princess room, I know you would do a great job with that one.

RicKaren said...

Love the bunkhouse! Sorta makes me wish I had a cow-poke or two of my own...actually, my little cowgirls would love a room like this but it's just not gonna happen for them! Nice work!

Charity said...

So cute!! I love the "corral!" Speaking of naming stuffed animals, I was the same way. I tried naming my animals interesting names when I was little, but I kept forgetting the names. So I just called them by their color! :) My real life pets were a little more interesting: Freckles, Spunky, Frisky and Scamp.

Jennifer said...

Very cute room! I love it!