Tuesday, March 24

It's TOILE y'all!

If you know me, you know that I. LOVE. TOILE. It's a weakness...
Anyway, The Pretty Organized Palace is having a toile party, so I thought I'd join in.
Here's some cheery toile in our master bath...

Some country toile in the kitchen...


Even some toile love in the scrappin desk...
(transferware counts as toile, right?)

And what better day to show you what I have in mind for these old dining room chairs. Here's one before toile. It just screams 70's. If these chairs could talk, they'd probably say something like "groovy".

I'm making slipcovers for some of them...



But most of them will look more like this...
Toile to the rescue once again! I love how it dresses up these chairs, and the white paint is so much more bright and happy. I can't wait to get them all finished and around the dining room table. If you want to see more of the toile filled kitchen, click here.
Happy Toile Tuesday to you all!!

15 comments:

Megan said...

Those chairs are gorgeous with their new Toile dress! Good luck finishing them. Can't wait to see them all done and together!

Marie said...

Luv the red & white toile chair covers...and you have a gorgeous looking family!
-marie

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Love your red toile! The chairs are wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Janelle said...

Oh my gosh, those chairs are just made for a toile seat, with those flouncy backs! Gorgeous!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Wow...this looks great! This would be a great Metamorphosis Monday post, too! :-) Love how you chair turned out! Susan

akawest said...

Wow, what an amazing transformation!

Anonymous said...

Yummy toile chairs! You're amazing that you make such pretty slips!! That yellow and blue pattern is so cheery - love it!

Manuela

Kimmy said...

lovely... love the light, love the colors... love it. ~ kim

Anonymous said...

The slipcover is beautiful!
~Kim

Unknown said...

Ooh love the chair covers. Actulaaly love everything you have shown. mishelle

Felicia said...

Wow, that an incredible chair transformation. Definitely the opposite of groovy :)

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I'm loving all the toile!! It's great to see how everyone is using toile in their homes. Your revamped chairs are fabulous!!! And I checked out your kitchen makeover. Wow!!!

Mom in High Heels said...

Those chairs are beautiful. I love the transformation. Great job.

Shirley said...

Thanks for sharing the chair pics. You have become the Toile professional. When I'm ready to furnish my own place with used furniture I'll come pick you up. You can be my personal decorator. Okay? Love Ya, Mom

trish said...

I absolutely adore your slip covers! Do you have a pattern that you follow?
You have such a sweet blog. Your kitchen makeover is fabulous!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne