I've been without Internet for 4 days due to a naughty modem that completely conked out. Internet has totally changed our lives. We couldn't even find the number to call the company without looking it up online! I decided to "enjoy" my time offline as sort of a fast. I stayed busy, and I have lots to share in the next few days - so stay tuned. But it really would take some gettin used to, livin offline. I didn't know what my friends were up to, couldn't google anything, or look up something on eBay or craigslist, or balance my checkbook, couldn't even check my email, I didn't even know what the temperature was forgoodnesssakes! But I will say - I had a lot more TIME. I played outside with the lil cowpokes, painted a new piece of furniture (that I will share later), reorganized closets, reorganized ALL my scrapbooking stuff, I even took on the dreaded task of cleaning out the file cabinet. WHEW! And I am SO pleased to announce....THE LAST KITCHEN CABINET HAS BEEN HUNG. Much has been accomplished on the kitchen, and hopefully, next week we'll be looking at a finished project. My smile is about to spread clean off my face. It has been worth the wait!
Thanks for taking part in the poll (IF you took part in the poll...) You voted to see more home decor, updates on the little guys, and before and after pictures. But just because I let you vote doesn't necessarily mean that I'll DO what you voted for. hehe. Naw, really, I'll keep it in mind. Now,if you'll excuse me, I have an appointment with my paint brush up on top of the ladder...
Thanks for taking part in the poll (IF you took part in the poll...) You voted to see more home decor, updates on the little guys, and before and after pictures. But just because I let you vote doesn't necessarily mean that I'll DO what you voted for. hehe. Naw, really, I'll keep it in mind. Now,if you'll excuse me, I have an appointment with my paint brush up on top of the ladder...

4 comments:
Wonder if I could get my modem to "conk out" for a while :)
Thanks for stopping by!
I often thought the same thing you have experienced! I don't know how I would cope. I'm sure you would reorginize and 'learn' to be w/out it, like balancing your checkbook off the statements, looking at the thermometer, and getting old the ole' cookbook for recipies! LOL
Hey you! Sure have missed all the interesting things you put on your blog. Good to have you back! When you get done with your projects, you can head on over here-ha! I have plenty of things that need to get done, but thanks to bedrest orders, have not been able to get them done. Oh well, I guess they will get done...eventually!
Enjoyed your update,as always. That's great the cabinet is up. I know you both are happy. I'm so non-technical that it could stop forever and I'd just keep on balancing my statement on paper...don't you just love old people? Love you lots, Mom
Post a Comment