Tuesday, January 13

Girly Bathroom ReDo

Remember this bathroom? The realtor called it "retro".
I called it "sick-o".
So as soon as we moved in, we ripped off the wall paper and slapped blue paint on the walls for a temporary fix. Oh, and we definately changed the blue toilet seat. We made it liveable, but it still wasn't what I had in mind.
I sang hallelujah when that wall mount sink started leaking. We got a new vanity, sink, and faucet back in December. I LOVE my faucet - it's tall, and it swivels - perfect for hair washing.
Much better, eh?
I found these drapes on jcp.com's outlet page. That's a very dangerous place. There are some fantastic buys on there if you check it regularly. I like to use drapes for a shower curtain because you can hang them high, so they go from floor to ceiling making a much more dramatic statement. Somehow, shower curtains always seem too short to me.

I'm just loving the yellow and blue. It kinda makes me think of spring in the midst of this dreary winter.

The cute toile bucket on the toilet is compliments of my Mother-in-law.



These boxes are great for storage, and Hobby Lobby puts them half price every now and then.



When you remodel on a budget, you have to get creative. So....instead of buying a new medicine cabinet, here's quick and easy way to cover the old one. Simply get an old frame, spray paint it white, and clip it to the front of the existing medicine cabinet mirror.
....with these swingy clips. Easy Peasy! (if you have a nice little resident handy man like I do!)

I found this little pitcher set at Goodwill. I love it. I've been looking for different things to decorate this bathroom with for a while now. It's been fun finding bargains and I'm so happy with how it all came together. Bye Bye Retro!!
P.S. I loved the comments left under the Sewing machine fiasco story. Some of you really cracked me up! It's a very comforting feeling to know I'm not the only one with "duh" moments. Thanks for making me feel a little bit better about myself. You can be sure I'll see to it that Mr. Fixit reads those comments, too....

7 comments:

Candice said...

I love the bathroom! It looks fantastic!!

Woodard Family said...

Looks soooo nice. You have come up with some great ideas. I love the mirror redo. I need someone to come to my house and decorate it the way I'd like it. The only problem is, they'd have to know what I want without me telling them. I can't visualize things so I only know I like it after it is done.

Melissa said...

Love the redo! I am wanting to redo my bath too but am waiting until we get a new vanity and counter top. Maybe I can get Eric moving on that. By the way loved to sewing machine story, I have had those moments more often then I can count.

Charity said...

It looks very cute! I love the yellow too! :) Thanks for the tip on the drapes. I'll have to remember that!

Donna Pedersen Paul said...

Brittany, that is an awesome makeover! Great Job! Beautiful!

Shirley said...

Hi Britt, Just love the changes.

Jennifer Truitt said...

WOW! You have done it again! Do you think you can come and live with me for the next 6 months and we can work on my place?!!!:) You are incredible! I love the idea for using regular curtains for showers! I will have to try that one out! The mirror tip was awesome as well!