I had some fabric left over from the rice sock project, and I loved how the black and white print looked in my red kitchen, so I just HAD to find a way to use that piece of fabric in there. That's where another old frame that was collecting dust came in... It now sports a new face lift as a covered "cork" board. That poor old frame never knew what hit it...

My "cork" is actually a fat piece of cardboard behind the fabric. But it works. And the best part about this little project? Not a single stitch of sewing was involved! And if you know me, you know that's a good thing. Well, that, and the fact that it didn't cost anything! I paid a DOLLAR for that piece of cloth (and I still have some left) as a remnant at
HobbyLobby. Speaking of Hobby Lobby...I found that delicious little black shelf there for...hang on to your seat...2.72! The candle stick was also 2.72. And I know it doesn't really fit right there, it's too big. But I wanted to share it anyway.

So here's the board without that huge candle stick obstructing it's view. If you're "craftily challenged" this is the project for you. Take it from a dumb
blonde. It doesn't get any easier than this! It took Dave longer to hang the little shelf than it took me to make the whole board...
Check out other cool Finished Object Friday projects over at
The Chari Tree!
7 comments:
Cute, cute!! I love it. I love toile also! I'll have to show this to Regina, her girls' room is done in toile, and wouldn't something like this be just the thing? :)
That is so cool! I love it! You sure are very crafty for a "dumb blonde" =)
Great idea! I am always looking for a better way to diplay wallet pictures I get. I hate my refrigerator being clogged up! I just have to go downstairs and dig up an old pic frame. By the way did you buy the pins or make them?
Oh my goodness! I LOVE the way this turned out. I've simply fallen in love with black & white damask, so this right down my alley! I'm definitely going to give this a try.
LOVE it! I need that in my red and black themed kitchen :)
Your frame turned out very cute. Makes me wish I had my kitchen redone. My kitchen is currently yellow and blue with teapot wallpaper and border. I LOVE teapots, but I am ready for a change. But since we homeschool and my daughter's desk is in the kitchen, it must wait till summer vacation.
I read your post about your Journey to Parenthood. I was amazed by how much your experience mirrored ours. (Even the verse, I had this verse written in the back of my Bible along with baby names for many, many years before we had our daughter). I hope that your next tries are very successful. We used all our embryos on the first two attempts, and then when Emily was 10 months old, I had to have a hysterectomy. She is a very social little girl, so being an only child is difficult for her, but she is very friendly and outgoing to anyone she meets (which I believe the LORD uses in her life
to help her in reaching out to others who are shy and quiet).
Anyway, your story was a great blessing to me.
Very Cute! I love it! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment