A popular buzz phrase in the blogging world is "just keeping it real". Well, let me try to keep it real for ya. Our house doesn't always look like the Christmas photos, and our boys don't always act as sweet as they look in their photos. And I still haven't finished my Christmas shopping ( Carson asked for ONE particular train engine and nothing else, and wouldn't you know it, I can't find one anywhere. Please excuse me while I pull my hair out and run around frantically). Things have been on the harried side this week. My kitchen looks like this...
Add to that a sick little guy who has to be held while he sleeps, so as to avoid the violent coughing fits that lead to gagging, that leads to...well I'll leave the rest of that to your imagination.
My bathroom faucet also decided it wants to run full time, no matter if it's turned off or not. So we've had a steady stream of water running all day, just waiting for Mr. Fixit to get home from work. Why not just turn the water off to the sink you ask? Tried that, those valves are broke too.
And then there's the lights on the "prelit" tree, that keep going out whole sections at a time. I just keep adding new strings of lights to the tree when one goes out. I don't think any of the original "prelit" lights are still working. Which raises the question...What's the point of buying a prelit tree in the first place?!?!
And I am dreadfully behind in my blogging...So that's been my week. How's your week been?
I'm just keeping it real.
And then there's the lights on the "prelit" tree, that keep going out whole sections at a time. I just keep adding new strings of lights to the tree when one goes out. I don't think any of the original "prelit" lights are still working. Which raises the question...What's the point of buying a prelit tree in the first place?!?!
And I am dreadfully behind in my blogging...So that's been my week. How's your week been?
I'm just keeping it real.

3 comments:
Sounds like your life is going a little bit crazy but through it all you have still managed to post. What a faithful blogger you are! Sorry to hear about your van but it looks like you got a pretty nice replacement. Hope your little guy get better soon.
Ouch... yes, sometimes our little blogging world looks so perfect. I know I am guilty of a little clean up, so the "real world" doesn't show up in my pictures! :) hehehehe... I think I'll show a little of my "real world" tomorrow. You've inspired me! Here's to a better week for both of us next week! I hope your sick little guy is feeling much better soon!
Oh wow. That sounds like our lives. That is as "true to life" as it gets. I'm really sorry about all that is going on for ya's. About the prelit stuff. I know all about that. Last year I decided to just take them all off and put my own on! They were doing the same thing... sections at a time. My husband suggested we just keep putting our own strings on and leaving the old ones on too. But I just couldn't take another year of it.
Hope it gets better!
Post a Comment