Friday, November 14

A Little PhotoStudio Trick...

What did we do before Photo Studio? (or for you lucky ones who have Photo Shop) I just thought I'd share a little editing trick that came in handy for me in this last photo shoot. I took several shots of the same pose, but having the fidgety subjects that I have, they didn't BOTH look good in the same photo. Jackson looked nice in the first one, but Carson was being himself...
Carson looked nice in the second one, but Jackson was being himself. (He has a terrible habit of quickly glancing away from the camera.)

Enter Photo Studio.
There's no such thing as a bad shot when you can edit! Unless you have those annoying blurries... Anyway, first, I layered the two shots with the second one on top. Then I "erased" the bad Jackson to reveal the good Jackson that was layered underneath. And Voila! Now I have one photo with two happy faces looking at the camera.
Then I can take it over to Picnik and put some neat little finishing touches on it. I am really digging the "Vignette".

Go try it! But be warned...it's addicting!

2 comments:

Charity said...

Man! I wish I had Photo Studio and/or shop!! All the things you can do... :) Thanks for the tip. I'll remember it someday! :)

Unknown said...

Well, Britt, procrastination pays off. I looked but couldn't decide. It must have been the characters being photographed...they are my favorite Fogleman grandsons!! I'm fond of any likeness of those boys. Just squeeze them for Mamaw.