Tuesday, October 14

punkins, Punkins, PUNKINS!

We took the boys out to a pumpkin patch and farm. It was a lot of fun, only it's hard to feel like fall when it's 80 degrees outside! It was a beautiful day...
Here's a little farmer and his prize punkin.
This pretty little calf wasn't very old. So sweet.


The horse was real friendly with David...
I mean REAL friendly...
He just couldn't get enough lovin'.

Riding the wagon out to the patch.
Gotta find that perfect pumpkin.
"I want dis wittle one!"
A cute little punkin for a cute little punkin.
One big happy family riding back with the pumpkins...
These boys had never seen this much corn before. They were just happy it wasn't on their plates... It's much more fun to play in.

Mommy's littlest punkin.


Mommy's TWO little punkins.
It's been a very busy couple of weeks, and from the looks of it, it's not slowing down any time soon! Dave was off work for Columbus Day (gotta loves those government jobs!) so we enjoyed having him home. He helped me plant some mums and azaleas before we all went to the pumpkin patch. He even managed to hang some of the new cabinets in the kitchen. Yeah, you heard me right. We're STILL working in the kitchen. But it's coming along pretty good. I'll post more pictures as we get more of it done, you know, some time in the next 10 years or so...

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I enjoy checking in on your creativity also. It looks like you guys had a great time at the pumpkin patch.

Jennifer Truitt said...

Looks like you all had a very fun Columbus Day! Ours was spent doing school and at the orthodonist!:( Not the best way to spend your day...but it could be worse! Have a great week!

Ellen said...

Very cute pictures. We need to catch up by phone soon. I'm not sure if I have the best number to reach you. Maybe you could email me.

Jennifer Truitt said...

Hey Brittney,
I would love to talk to you about what kind of camera you use. I just have a point and shoot right now but am trying to find a SLR. I looked at a cannon last night but don't even really know where to start. You can email me if you like or I could call you sometime. My email is jennatruitt7@yahoo.com

Dianna said...

What a fun activity for little boys! I will have to look for something like that around here!

Holly said...

Hey, sis, It looks like a great place for fun, and right down a boys alley. The pictures of David crack me up. Horses can be funny that way.
Thanks for posting all the great pictures. Love, Holly

Trisha said...

Looks like fun and excitement. We went Ellen's last week so we definitely were not taking off another day of school no matter how they said it was discrimination since it was Columbus Day and all..."_) but I held firm and we accomplished our day's work.:) Have a great weekend. Trisha