Sunday, July 27

The "New" House...Part 1

I promised photos of the house as we make progress on it, but I never could remember to take my camera over there. (We haven't moved in yet.) Anyway, here's phase one. Both bathrooms had yucky old wallpaper and blue "retro" tile. We wanted to update them as much as possible without changing the fixtures and tile (at least not right now).
These 2 pics are of the master bath when we first saw it...
Yep, I agree with you...it needs a change.

So here's what I did...

These pictures are for my Mother-in-law, aka the Queen of Blue and White. I thought I'd try the shabby chic blue and white, since I had to do something to go with the blue tiles.

I took down the gold light fixture and painted it white, but you can't see it very well in the photo. I added a skirt to the sink to give me some more storage space. I plan to change the medicine cabinet later and maybe a few other small changes, but it's now a lot more tolerable than it was! Stay tuned for phase two...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Britt, for making that room my style. It's pretty and the the vase I told you about just might match. You're incredible!

Anonymous said...

Your remodeling looks great! ...and your pic of the boys with their undies on their heads just cracked me up. Kids are hilarious!