This picture sums up our last few days very nicely.

Carson has been very sick, starting out with a bad cold that sent his reflux into overtime. After a few days of washing, and rewashing, and rewashing bedding, clothes, floors, and anything else that had the misfortune of being in the way, I start to get really weary. Not to mention trying to find different things for him to eat that will stay down, and dealing with his out of whack emotions. Add to the mix an ADD 4 year old and you have stress city. So, on Friday (at the last minute) we decided to meet some family and friends for supper and then go to the GBS Choir concert in Pell City. We were very careful about what Carson had to eat etc. Do you really think it made any difference? No such luck. He got sick in the car and I couldn't catch him fast enough. Good thing we threw in an extra car seat and suit of clothes. We were late for the supper AND the concert. Oh, and I forgot to mention that Jackson fell asleep in the car and slept so soundly that he soaked himself to the skin. I didn't have the foresight to pack him any extra clothes. Needless to say, we sat in the very back of Agan Tabernacle. Then during the concert, Carson was sitting in my lap, and left a big wet spot on me. He had some wardrobe (or rather, Diaper) malfunction. Oh the joys of Motherhood! All we wanted was a nice restful evening. After the concert, we were too worn out (and some of us were too wet) to drive the 150 miles back home, so my folks were gracious enough to put us up for the night. But the story doesn't end there. On the way to their house, Carson got sick yet again, pouring his blessings on the other car seat and clothes. We made it to my folks place around midnight when I promptly began doing some laundry. In honor of the occasion, I got the boys matching shirts that say "My Parents are Exhausted". Saturday hasn't been a whole lot better. My folks took us out for lunch where Carson got sick in the restaurant. It's so hard not to get over frustrated when you deal with a sick baby day after day. Anyway, he did sleep all the way back home, and believe me, I thanked the Lord for it!
I happened to catch one of the few smiles of the day.
On a more positive note, we're seeing some signs of spring in Alabama! The daffodils are popping up in the midst of the cold weather. I firmly believe God put them there as a sign of hope for me. Winter is not forever -
This, too Shall Pass!

Thanks to all of you who "introduced" yourselves! It's so nice to hear from old friends, and to meet new ones, too.
3 comments:
Awwww...I am so sorry that you've had so much on your plate! Makes me realize my exhaustion is nothing in comparision!
Hey Brittney,
That picture is a classic! Thank God for the reminder that it won't last forever!! Tyler had chronic ear infections for almost the 1st year of his life and I thought I would never sleep again....come to think of it I still am not sleeping!:) Oh well one of these days! I will pray Carson is much better very soon!
Love,
Jen Truitt
Thanks for the comment Brittany! I can sympathize with you as my 5 yr old had reflux! Just to encourage you though...she very rarely has trouble with it anymore. Now, I can also sympathize with little Carson...I currently am suffering from 'reflux' or something akin to it! :)
Post a Comment