Merry Christmas from the Painted Parsonage!
Some of you will be quite bored with my photo heavy post, as a lot of our decor is the same as it was last year, and the year before that... but I just can't leave everything the same, I have to change up some things, so maybe you'll see a few new things, too :)
The living room is pretty simple and natural.
I used an old wash tub instead of a tree skirt this year, and I am HOOKED. Most of the tree mess falls right down into the bucket, and I don't have to wrestle with a skirt getting all wrinkled up. Besides, it's just plain cute!
The centerpiece on the coffee table keeps getting rearranged by a certain 2 year old... I've been finding birds and nests in strange places around the house.
I got inspired to add a romantic touch to our bedroom this year, and put some little trees with lights on our mantle. I've enjoyed the pretty lights in the evenings! Yeah, it's the little things...
Once again, the boys stockings are hung on the staircase, along with some fun and whimsical garland.
I filled some old mason jars in the hallway with faux snow and some vintage snowmen. I love them!
The front door is all happy and festive, too.
I'm really enjoying the season, and having all my pretties out. I'm not going to be ready to take it all down when Christmas is over :(
I'll have to share pics of the dining room and kitchen a little later, as the Christmas crafting operation has completely overtaken my dining room table, and Christmas baking and candy making has overtaken my kitchen. Tis the Season!
I love it!
















11 comments:
I love it all, Brittany! Your home looks so inviting. And the wash tub...genius! :)
It is all sooo beautiful!
Everything looks beautiful. Love the galvanized tub, great idea. Also, love the snow globes in mason jars. --Susie
I did my best to use an old tub of Wesley's, but it wouldn't fit right. Boo. Everything looks great, as always!
Your home looks so beautiful decorated for Christmas. I love the old wash tub under your tree! Have a blessed Christmas. Pamela
your house looks so beautiful! Your tree is amazing! Can't wait to see more!
So Pretty! I love all of it. I am with you on not wanting to take the decorations down...I am enjoying mine all too much.
Love all your Christmas decor! So fun. Loved the washbasin for the Tree holder. Too cute!
Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog.
Yea! I'm a little overwhelmed about taking down my Christmas down too...since I have to be packing and weighing suitcases to go to Argentina at nearly the same time. =) But, I'm LOVING having it all up! =)
~Heather~
I'm a fan of the washtub, especially with a real tree! Your front porch looks very inviting too and I can so relate to coffee table decorations being constantly re-arranged!
Your little parsonage is beautiful all decked out in it's Christmas finery. I like the natural look that you have gone for and the old wash tub is a great idea! And it really is cute!
Your bedroom mantel is very sweet and the staircase is adorable! I love the colours of the ribbon and stockings.
Everything looks fabulous, thanks so much for posting in time for us to enjoy your decorations!
Hugs, Cindy
What pretty Christmas pictures!! Happy Christmas Eve ooxx
Post a Comment