So it's not *totally* there yet, but it's veeery close.
I'll show you what we've done so far on the living room project.
Here is the before...
And this is where we are now!
The only 2 things we would like to do is swap out the (very abused and scratched up) coffee table for a large comfy square ottoman. Still looking for a deal...
And replace the carpet. I'm SOOO wanting to rip it out and refinish the hardwoods that are under it, but we're a little nervous about what we might find under there - it may be too far gone. It will probably be a while before we get to that part of the project!
I sold my old living room suit on craigslist (Good ole Craig!) and then we found this neutral sectional here at a local furniture shop. I recovered all of the hideous throw pillows that came with the sofa in fun bright colors. (The floral one on the left was from Hobby Lobby.)
So much brighter! I really like the cottage/coastal feel.
The white curtain panels I made from plain white flat sheets from Walmart ($4.88 apiece!), and the yellow ottoman was a clearance purchase from Target - well worth the $24 I paid for it!
The mantel looks all bright and springy, too. Love those free printables!
I got this sweet little recliner for Christmas last year, as well as the cable knit throw. It's cozy!
We also moved Weston's nursery rocker to the living room - it matches the sofa perfectly!
The yellow chevron throw was a gift from my sis in law - I call it my happy blanket! It's so cheery.
So that's it - our living room refresh, on a shoestring budget! It's much more family friendly and casual now - the gang hangs out in here all the time. And now we have more seating for our church get-togethers that we have here, so everybody's happy!
I'm linking up with Chari's Finished Object Friday! Ok, so it's not exactly Friday. Lets' just say I've been very busy =)













13 comments:
Wow! So much brighter! Fun!
Very cute! Love the rug ...mind sharing where you found it? I've been looking, but no luck yet.
Angela - I got the rug last year from Ballard Designs, but they still sell them. It's an indoor/outdoor rug, so I was worried that it might be rough, but it's actually very soft. We've been really pleased with it. Great rug for the price! I got it on sale for $60.
Beautiful Brittany! So bright and cheerful!!
So bright and pretty! Nice job!
Woooooow!!! Your room looks so pretty! I love how bright it looks now! Such a lovely cottage style room with fun spring-y accent colors!
So bright and cheery!! I love it! It really opens up your living room. Love the colors! :)
I love what you have done in your living room!!! I adore those turquoise walls and the yellow is perfect with it. It's such a bright and cheerful room now, I'm sure your family enjoys it as much as you do.
Your new sectional is gorgeous!
Hugs, Cindy
Great Job.!!
Absolutely LOVE your updates! The fresh, lighter touches you've added are gorg!
Is Weston's rocker from Walmart? It looks identical to the one I ordered from there and I was wondering if you've liked it.
Thanks, Leah! Yes, the rocker was from Walmart - it's probably the same one. We're not crazy about it - the slipcover didn't fit, it won't zip up in the back - the 2 sides don't even meet by about 4 inches! We kept it anyway. I never used it much in the nursery because of the hardwood floor in there - it rocked really loud and would wake the baby up. It seems to pitch you forward when you sit in it, too, so it's not very comfy. Hubby is planning to shave the rockers down in the back so it will lean back a bit more. It was a good price for a cute rocker, but I sure wouldn't do it again! We got this one a few years ago, so maybe they've fixed some of these problems - I hope yours is better!
LOVE everything about this refresh! The bright colors are so fun and cheery! Great job!
It all looks so fun and cheery...I love it. So Glad Jesus gave you the bargains to do it.
I got to meet Connie S. at IHC. (You can see pics on my recent IHC post.) It was so fun meeting her. Now I lack meeting Charity and Karen...then I will have met nearly all of my blogging buddies I "became friends with" off of your blog. =)
Hoping all is well your way. Love your new bags you have in your shop...very cute!
~Heather~
Post a Comment