It took me a bit longer than usual to get to my fall decor this year. It was just so warm, I couldn't get in the mood for it. But fall has definitely now arrived, and I am officially freezing. Yep - I'm a total cold weather weenie. I am soooo dreading winter....
Anyhoo.... come on in for a little mini fall tour.
You might remember the box - hubby built it for me last spring to plant wheat grass in. It makes a great fall planter too!
Pinterest gave me my inspiration for the mantel, and I think a lot of other folks have had the same idea! Of course, the pinterest pic is always better, but this was my take on it anyway...
I found this *really* old and *very* heavy mirror at Salvation Army a few years ago, and it's been sitting in the attic ever since. I love it, but haven't had a good place for it.
I used scrapbooking stickers for the letters on the banner and the little pumpkins, and they're not the easiest to read. Next year I may actually take the time to paint some for-real letters on them. (But just in case you can't tell, it says "Give Thanks".)
Now I want some apple cake, candy corn, and anything and everything with pumpkin in it...
Yep, it's fall!






7 comments:
All your fall decorations look very cute. You did a great job!
Your fall decor is really sweet. I love the wooden box filled with goodness and your mantle looks so pretty! Happy Fall to you. Blessings, Pamela
Cute!
Your Fall decor is beautiful, I love the box filled with Fall lovelies.
Your mantel is gorgeous, too.
The "Give Thanks" is very nice. You are always so very creative! I love your style.
Hugs, Cindy
Nothing like a little cool weather to inspire some fall decorating!! :) So pretty!! I love the mantle! Such a neat mirror!
Sweet fall decor! I have to admit to loving fall and cool weather--don't hate me! Love the mirror!
Oops! I almost missed your fall post. Glad I didn't. Everything looks cute. Love your mantel, and the mirror. LOVE your chalkboards. I MISS my chalkboard that I had to leave in Argentina. Hoping to get more some day.
Thanks for your fun comment on my "pumpkin patch" post. =)
The other day I was showing my girls your cute purses on your etsy shop and my Sarah said, "She loves summer-y colors doesn't she?" And I said, "Yes! She LOVES summer!" =) Then I said, "I think it's neat how she loves summer, and Jesus has her living in AL, and I LOVE FALL and Jesus has me living here in Bogota...where it's Fall ALL YEAR LONG! =)
Happy Fall!
~Heather~
Post a Comment