Saturday, September 15

Finished Object Friday! Starring....Chevron!

Yep, I *know* it's not exactly Friday... 
But I wanted to share this little project anyway, just because it was so FUN! I'm already wanting to make another one. I wanted to make something handmade for a friend's birthday. (Ahem...Hi Chari!!) And this it what I came up with.


And just in case anybody wants to know the "how to's"...
Start with a plain wooden sign from Hobby Lobby and paint it a solid color. I painted this one cream.
Next I printed a chevron pattern from my computer, and transferred it onto the cream board with graphite paper. Then I painted the chevron pattern gray. After that dried, I roughed it up a bit with some sandpaper.

I did the same thing with the letters, printed off a sample, 
traced over the graphite paper, then painted over the lines with craft paint. 

It wasn't perfect by any means, but hey, that just makes it an original, right? 
Now my mind is reeling with ideas...fun color combinations...different lettering ideas...different patterns... oh the possibilities! 



Photobucket

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! I guess I need to check out the wood supply at Hobby Lobby...been seeing a lot of people posting projects. I've been staying out of there because it can be a very dangerous place!! :)

Simply LKJ said...

What a fabulous project, and an AWESOME gift!!

Charity said...

It IS sooo cute!!! Even better in person! ;) Thanks so much!! (and I had been wondering how you did it... awesome!)

RicKaren said...

Very cute! Would make great Christmas gifts too!

Cindy said...

What a great idea and it is very original! I love it.
Hugs, Cindy

Jackie said...

Well, you can absolutely practice those new color combos on the Ensors! :) Very cute!