I've been doing a little tinkering in the master bedroom trying to update it smidge.
I looked high and low for some pillows. I didn't really want gray, but not too blue either. I was looking for something like the wall color, and was really hoping to find something stripey.
Then it hit me. Why not just *use* the wall color? Why not make some white pillows and paint those babies?! So that's what I did. Dug out some leftover wall paint, taped on some stripes, and brushed it on there. Easy peasy! They're a touch crunchy, but they're just up there to look at anyway, it's not like we actually use them. So it's all good.
The next project was to make a burlap and linen banner to go over the over the bed. That was a super quick and easy project and I love how it turned out! The no sew part made it really good. I just cut out triangles, and hot glued them onto some twine. My crafting is pretty willy nilly - I didn't even measure anything.
The preacher spotted these old doors sometime ago, and drug them home, making me very very happy. I roughed up 2 of them and propped them up in the corners of the room like so. Yes, I really need some bigger wreaths, those look kinda silly, don't they?!
I'm linking up with Chari's Finished Object Friday!






11 comments:
Very pretty! I wish you could come over and help me decorate my house!
What a beautiful bedroom! I really love the whole thing. It looks like such a warm and homey place to relax. The banner is super cute. I like the wreathes on the doors, I don't think they look silly at all. It's all so pretty and put together! ~ Jamie
Looks great! Your decorating always makes me think of a bed and breakfast or some place like that!
Very nice!!!!
How creative! Your room is very relaxing and beautiful!
dee dee
Your room is very pretty, Brittany. I love the color on your walls and your wt's are gorgeous! I would love to find some panels like those.
Your updates are lovely and charming, my hubby will also often bring home something to me that he's sure I will like. Something found on the curb.
Hugs, Cindy
So pretty!! Love it! And what a fun pendant banner!
Love it!
Thanks all =)
Cindy, the ruffled panels are from Target.com - a great deal at $20!
Brittany, I'm catching up on your blog from being in TN. (Since I'm sick with the flu I should be in bed, but I HAD to have a break from my bed. =)
Love the fun touches you added to your bedroom. Especially the old door! Your pillows and banner are very cute too!
Thanks for your sweet comment about my GG's birthday party. I was SO HAPPY to be in TN with my
GG and family...that it was like a DREAM come true. (The only way it could be have been better was to have had my better half [Phillip] and our 5 sweet kids with me.)
I hope all is well your way...and that you had a Very Happy Mother's day! =)
~Heather~
You have such a pretty room! I really like the painted pillows...very creative.
Post a Comment