Saturday, December 24

Day 22

The Christmas Tour!
Come on in...

 In the hallway, we have the 3 boy's stockings hanging on the banister...

 That's also where we have our Christmas card display. 
Since this piccy was taken, I've completely run out of room - filled up 2 rows and now there is a stack on the little shelf of cards that wouldn't fit. I'll have to go to plan B next year. 

Another bit of Christmas in the hall...

 I didn't do so much in the kitchen.
But then, my kitchen doesn't have room for very much! I did put garland and lights around the top of all the cabinets, but I failed to get a pic. I'll claim sleep deprived brain on that one. 

The dining room was simple and neutral this year.
And I just love it. 
I got the wreaths at Walmart for 2.48 apiece and hung them with strips of burlap. It really made quite a statement for less than 5$! I'm still excited about those lamps - my Birthday present to myself a few months ago. I'd had my eye on some of those for a very long time. If you stand back and squint, you'd think they were the ones from Pottery Barn. But you know I'm too cheap for that ;)


 Just a few more pics around the dining room.

The last stop on this little tour is the living room.

Don't laugh at my "fire". It's the closest thing to a real fire that old fireplace will ever see. Actually, it's working out pretty good, because it hasn't even been cold enough for a real fire! And that is just fine by me, in case you were wondering.

I hung some framed ornaments on each side of the fireplace. 

 And I totally had a duh moment, after I'd shared the pic of my centerpiece back on Day 19. After I posted it, I realized I could have gotten a way better shot, if only I had *turned it around* to get some tree lights behind it. So, I tried it, and just had to share it. Waaaay better. I declare sometimes my thinker is thisclose to a true blonde level. 

 I had to throw in my little motto up on the fireplace, too. 

 And I'll leave you with another shot of our "fire".
Actually, you'd be surprised just how much heat 7 big ol' candles puts out! 
So that's the Christmas edition of the parsonage, Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Everything is beautiful, Brittany. I love the fire and the banister best, but everything is gorgeous. You have one of the prettiest houses in blogland.
Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family.
Love and hugs, Cindy

lila said...

The fireplace is beautiful. I have seen others put candles in the their fireplaces. I think it is a neat idea. Everything is beautiful!

Charity said...

So pretty!! Loved the tour! Hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas!!!

The Dickinsons said...

Thanks for "letting me into your lovely Christmas-y house...Loved the tour! =) Everything looks beautiful!

~Heather~

Anonymous said...

Hi Brittany. I'm a new reader. I love your dining room. Where did you find your lamps? I tried to find a reference but didn't see anything else.
Thanks,
Margaret

Brittany said...

Hello Margaret~
I found these lamps at JCPenney, on sale, I'm not sure if they still carry them or not. Thanks for the comment!