Hurry up and come on in to see
the boy's room while it's cleaned up.
Because we all know it won't stay that way for long.
First, let me throw out the before piccy.
We called it the blue room.
For obvious reasons.
(You may wanna pause here and put on your sunglasses. Alrighty, you may proceed...)
But that's nothing a little paint can't fix! We also stained the window casings to look a touch more rustic.
The last time I showed this room, it looked something like this.
But the lil guys started feeling a bit cramped, and were really needing some more floor space for their very serious lego creating. Soooo, we broke down and got bunk beds. Now they actually play in their room! Score one for the big people. Because you've never felt pain until you've stepped on a lego. Now the legos stay in the bunkhouse - safely away from the big people.
I'm not a big fan of bunk beds, one reason being I can't put the bedskirt on to hide all their junk, but mainly because I'm the primary bed maker of the house. I still contend that putting sheets on a bunk beds ought to be considered cardio activity. I declare I burn several hundred calories every time I change the sheets on that thing. I've tried to teach the boys to do it themselves, and they are plenty willing. But my OCD kicks in every time. Nearly makes me break out in hives. I tell them they wouldn't last a day in the army. They think as long as no pillows or blankets are on the floor, the beds are made. Bless their hearts...
These little buckets are great for storage.
So that's where our little guys stay.
And now I'm off to get my workout in for the day.
Those sheets need changed.





9 comments:
Thanks for your sweet comment on my Argentine birthday pics. It was fun hearing from you! =)
Love the boys' room. Looks nice. I know, bunk beds are HARD to make up...but they sure do give more space in a room, don't they?!
Have a super night!
~Heather~
I like how the bunk beds give more room, but yes, they would be a total pain to make! Thus, don't make them! LOLOLOL!!
Cute room!
Love it! Ha, my mom always hated making the boys bunk beds when they were little too. She's a nurse, OCD, and fitted corners were a must!! LOL Love how much space they have...totally understand the legos too, my brother had a ton.
Love it!! What a great room for the cowpokes to hang out in! :)
Love using the buckets as catch-alls!
I FEEL your pain about changing bunk bed sheets!! UGGH! although, I'm sure they appreciate the playing room :)
Hubby and I just upgraded to a queen size bed (from a full and 9 yrs. of wedded bliss later) YEAH! and so the 2 youngest are now using our double and I finally was able to get RID of those troublesome bed changing, pretty decor-busting pieces of furniture :) LOL
Hi Brittany,
Now that your boys have "bunk beds", they truly have a "bunkhouse"! The red painted furniture is fabulous in there, and the quilts are so perfect for boys. You do such a great job of decorating, I love your style.
Hugs, Cindy
Looks great! My name is Diana and I know you don't know me but I have enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your beautiful decorating. I have a suggestion for adding a dust ruffle to the bunk beds. Why couldn't you remove the part of the bed ruffle that goes under the mattress so you only have the ruffle remaining. Then velcro or otherwise attach the ruffle around the inside edge of the bed?
Brittany, this is darling! You did a marvelous job with their room--I'm sure it's a space they enjoy spending time in, too!! :)
Thanks for the suggestion, Diana! I just might try that :)
Post a Comment