Thursday, October 13

The Parsonage. Part Five.

The Office.
I love this little room. 
(It was supposed to be MY room...
until the little guys discovered all the fun and games on lego.com.  *sigh*...I'm learning to share.) 


It did have a rather humble beginning. Complete with dark paneling,  rusty orange colored carpet, and a terribly warped ceiling fan that we nearly knocked off every time we opened the back door. Who hangs a ceiling fan right in front of a door?! But it's all good, because it was a great excuse to get the cutesy little chandy to replace it! And now the door opens free and clear without banging a thing. Score.

I painted the walls "Rainwashed" from Sherwin Williams. LOVE that color. We also ripped up the carpet to expose the hardwoods. The hardwood is very old and worn and really should be refinished, but I like it. Yeah, I'm weird like that.
The chalkboard is an old cabinet door that I painted, and the memo board is made from an old thrifted picture. Some folks fix everything with duck tape. Me? I use paint and burlap. Works every time. 
Photobucket

9 comments:

Denise :) said...

Enjoying this walk-through renovation of the parsonage. I know what you mean about old wood floors -- they add character/personality to their room. Love the new look! :)

Pamela Gordon said...

What a sweet room! You have done an amazing job fixing up the old parsonage and I think the old hardwood floors are perfect like that. Blessings, Pamela

Cindy said...

Hi Brittany,
I think you are the only person that I know who has painted old paneling and made it look gorgeous. You are an amazing decorator. I love your little office, it is super pretty and sweet.
Hugs, Cindy

Charity said...

"paint and burlap." You crack me up!!

And love this room!! Funny. It's probably the one I had most turned around in my head until we visited. :) Love it!

L ~ S said...

I love seeing all your renovations! So inspiring

Unknown said...

What a transformation! Kinda makes me think if "man" can do this... how much more can God do this with us when we need transforming. :)

Unknown said...

Love the little corner!

lila said...

Love Wendy's comment. You do an amazing job on old ugly walls and floors. It is so fun to see the finished project! Thanks for sharing!

The Dickinsons said...

What a difference you made in that little corner. Love it! It looks like a fun place to have some "Me time". =) Nice comment from Wendy.

Wanted to comment before I move to Argentina tomorrow...since I don't know when I'll get to "blog hop" next. =)
Thanks for your prayers, they mean a lot!!

Love,
Heather =)