The Dining Room.
Better known as Grand Central Station.
It's not *finished* mind you, but it's come a long way!
From this:
To This!
The walls all got brand new sheetrock, paint, and crown molding. Then we added the pantry cabinets for extra storage. There will eventually be a built-in window seat connecting the two cabinets. I can just picture it! The chandy also got a much needed update. Don't ask why it's not hanging in the middle of the room. I have no idea. But yes, that does bother me. Many light fixtures in this house are like that. Maybe our next chandy will have a chain long enough that I can swag it over to the center of the table.
This is the before piccy of the other side. This was taken after we'd started taking down the old sheet rock. Love that tongue and groove. These kind of walls are all throughout the house - we never have to search for a stud! You can whap a nail anywhere and it will stay. right. there.
After:
Now if I could just get those new floors I've been dreaming about...


13 comments:
Your dining room looks very nice. You have done a great job in your renovating. I like the dark blinds. It all looks great!
It's all sooo gorgeous! Our chandy in our bedroom is placed funny too, but we placed a hook and sort of draped the chain over to the hook so it hangs over the end of the bed as I wanted. I love your china cabinet and your china is gorgeous!
Our lighting is all messed up, too. So are the outlets. Must have been the thing to do back in those days. LOL!
Your dining room is really beautiful, you have done an amazing job on that old house. It's nothing like it was before you moved in.
You say your grandpa built it? Was it a parsonage back then too? And was your grandpa the pastor? Curious minds like to know.:)
Hugs, Cindy
It is such a pretty room! I love how bright and cheery it is - so much sunlight! :)
Wow! Y'all have brought the dinning room/house a long way. It looks beautiful. The stud picture reminded me of the work we did on our USA house. =)
Have a great weekend in Jesus!
~Heather~
Cindy, or should I say curious minds ? ;) No, my Grandpa didn't build the house, he just built the staircase. The house was built somewhere around 1900. It's been a parsonage for at least 60 years, I'm not sure before that. My Grandparents pastored here in the 70's and 80's, and they did a lot of work on the house then, there wasn't a staircase at all when they moved here - no way to access the upstairs room! Weird. But I just love living here - I have so many memories of playing in this house when I was a little girl. It's like coming back home =)
I love it! I can just picture the window seat too. :)
I love it! So bright and airy. Hope you are all doing well. Bet the little one has grown a ton!!
Amazing, and beautiful. I love your style.
That is beautifu! I love watching your blog and seeing the creativity. It's just too cool we have the same last name!
GORGEOUS!!! Love it! And it was nice to meet you and your male entourage the other night, too. At least your little cuties will have an appreciation for the beauty a good female can bring into their lives after living in your house ;o) Love it...
Stumbled across you from pinterest.com Read enough of your blog to know that we both enjoy a good sale, spray paint, white, all things birds, our family and our God. http://tinkartist.blogspot.com
Post a Comment