Tuesday, September 27

The Parsonage. Part Four.

The Kitchen.
When I read those articles on how to make the most of a small kitchen, I laugh right out loud. Because, every time, their "small kitchen" looks so very spacious when compared to this one. If you look up the word "compact" in the dictionary you'd see a picture of this room. 
Very compact. 
But it rocks at efficiency! 

Here's the before...
It wasn't *bad* necessarily, it just wasn't *me*. 
Oak schmoak. Makes me croak. 
And so does mismatched appliances, just for the record. 
And wallpaper. 
And REMOVING wallpaper... bleh

Let's get on to the "after"... 
Lots of white paint, some aqua paint, "new" appliances, and some trusty oil rubbed bronze spray paint on the hardware really made a huge difference for very little moolah. I took off the cabinet doors under the sink and added the curtain just for a little extra color and texture. But I can see them going right back on as soon as the new little man gets mobile! We've added a new vintage looking faucet since this piccy was taken. Forgive me for being too lazy to take a new photo...

Here's the before pic of the other side:

 And where there's a before, there must be an after! 
Actually these are more like "during" photos. We still have to put the new floors in. 
Maybe then I'll take a new photo for ya. 
Photobucket

16 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Love the changes. Love the cheery bright white and the fun colors in your kitchen. =)

~Heather~

Charity said...

Such a cozy little kitchen!! I love the decor - so inspiring!! ;) And I can personally vouch for the efficiency - unlike my kitchen, one of my cabinet doors only opens partially and the drawer above it is not usable. Crazy stove is out too far - not sure what they were thinking, but I do love my glass top. Oh. well. ;)

lila said...

Very nice and cheery. If you ever want a job I think you should go into interior decorating! How long have you been working on the parsonage? Enjoy your posts!

Simply LKJ said...

I love your kitchen! Very cozy.

Making Memories 1999 said...

Love your cheery kitchen!!

Pamela Gordon said...

Your kitchen is just sweet! I love the white cabinets and the pretty accent colours and vintage items you've chosen.

Valley Girl said...

I love the color on your walls. Do you mind sharing the name of the paint?

Susan in Katy, Texas said...

You can take any room and make it better. I remember how you made your other house look so nice and now you're doing it with this one. You are really good at taking a nondescript, seemingly hopeless house and turning it into a warm, charming home.

Brittany said...

Nena, the wall color is called Tidewater by Sherwin Williams.

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

I've enjoyed my visit to your blog today. First, let me say Congrats!! on baby Weston. He is precious. (I took a long break from blogging this summer so just catching up.) The house tour was so fun. What a beautiful home you have. You can tell how much love you've put into every detail. Just beautiful.

sarahmfry said...

You never cease to amaze me! What a gift you have. Can I hire you?

Denise :) said...

Brittany, though an odd chain of blog hopping and pinterest pursuits, I stumbled onto your blog. Loved the look of it immediately and started reading back through the pages. I've been gathering Christmas ideas, so I clicked on your '25 days of Christmas' which brought up a series of posts, which I scrolled through. Until I came to one of the holiday lights -- and I thought to myself, Wow, those looks a like the Botanical Gardens' Galaxy of Lights lights. So I looked and sure enough, it was! And then I realized you are from the great state of Alabama (Roll Tide)! It's such a *small* world and so nice to meet you!! I'm a new follower! :)

Keith and Crystal said...

I enjoy your blog so much!! Thank you for sharing your decorating ideas and changes. They have helped me many times. :)

{northern cottage} said...

ohhhh darling...i absolutely love it. just happened upon your cute blog & am enjoying exploring!

www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

We love your kitchen! We are in process of updating our home and were hoping you would share where your fabric was purchased. We have searched everywhere for something like it! Thanks!

Brittany said...

Hello, Jordan~
I actually bought the fabric we used under our sink on ebay, I looked for it again, but didn't find it, and can't remember the name of it. However, there is a Tanya Whelan fabric, called Amelie in the Delilah line, that is very similar. Here is link to some of it that I found on etsy. http://www.etsy.com/listing/62289214/delilah-fabric-tanya-whelan-amelie-in?ref=sr_gallery_8&sref=&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=tanya+whelan+delilah&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_ship_to=US&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=supplies&ga_facet=supplies