Monday, June 13

The Mantle. Refreshed.

Yep. I've been doing some nesting. 
And you just can't do any proper nesting without some birds, right?! And nests, of course...
 I changed up the master bedroom mantle just a bit. 
Because sometimes I just have to CHANGE SOMETHING! You know how it is...

And I'm sending a great big shout out to my sweetheart for asking the neighbors if his crazy wife could scalp their beautiful hydrangea bush. (And that's probably not the craziest thing he's done for me...)
Actually, I left the bush with plenty of blooms, you couldn't even tell I'd taken any. 
 I love love love hydrangeas. BLUE hydrangeas. They totally fill up my happy tank. 

The perfect dining room table centerpiece. Just Perfect. 

Photobucket

12 comments:

Cindy said...

I do know how you feel about the need to change something. My husband shakes his head at me sometimes and I realize that it hardly makes sense to me, so how would my dear husband understand? That's just the way it IS.
Oh I adore blue hydrangeas, how nice that you have a neighbor with a blue bush! I'm glad she didn't mind you borrowing a few. Hopefully they will dry nicely for you, too.
Your home looks really lovely, the door in your bedroom has a gorgeous knob! I love your style!
Have a beautiful day.
Hugs, Cindy

Melissa Miller said...

Britanny this is simply precious and fresh for the hot summer. I love it all and the frame too.

Thanks for coming by. I read your maternity clothes post and you look beautiful! I know you are ready to meet your gorgeous new baby boy. Keep us posted.

Warmly, ~Melissa

The Dickinsons said...

Your mantle looks pretty...and your flowers are beautiful!
Wow! Just 22 days left to do that "nesting" and then you'll get to snuggle that little bundle of Joy in your arms! How fun! =)
~Heather~

Pamela Gordon said...

I love the changes to your mantle. Those blue hydrangeas are just gorgeous! I don't believe we grow them in our area and I don't know why because I love the blue and pink ones. Have a great week.
Blessings, Pamela

lila said...

very nice change, You do a great job!

Simply LKJ said...

Love the updated mantle! And, as you know...I love my blue hydrangeas (any color, actually).

Unknown said...

I must say that I LOVE everything.. especially the suitcases with the hydrangeas. That was serious eye candy. :) I've been on a bird kick lately too for some reason. It makes me feel closer to my grandma.

Charity said...

The mantle is beautiful! and love those flowers!! Such a pretty color!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

I love a change. Yours is awesome! Everything looks so fresh and pretty! And pretty blue flowers. Blue, hmmm...

Tonya said...

I completely understand how the blue hydrangeas can fill up your happy tank:)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Really pretty and summery! Hydrangeas just say "summer" to me. I love them!

Richella Parham said...

I share your love for blue hydrangeas! I'm not sure God created a more wonderful flower!!

I found my way to you via Lorie at Be Different, Act Normal. I'm so glad to meet you! I'm delighted to hear you're expecting your third boy. As far as I'm concerned, three sons makes a wonderful family. I'm many years ahead of you--my three boys are now 20, 18, and 14--but I remember those days of having three little boys with such joy! May God bless you and your beautiful family.