Thursday, May 19

33 weeks down...

About 6 more to go! It's getting closer all the time - WooHoo!
Soooo...here's the latest belly update.

And I'll throw in this sideways shot so you can get the "real" picture...
 Sometimes I wonder just how big this lil guy is gonna get!

And here is the maternity staple I could. not . live. without. The gap maternity jean skirt. I find myself reaching for it every day. (I've thought about doing a post on maternity fashion -my favorites, finding modest maternity stuff, etc... Would that interest anybody out there??  Give me a holla if that sounds like something you'd like to see here!)
So far I'm feeling pretty good. I've gained 24 pounds - ouch! (With my last 2, I gained 18 and 19 pounds. And I still have 6 more weeks left on this one!) I've actually been sleeping well for the most part, thank goodness! I've started having minor issues with feet and ankles swelling, on days when I sit a lot, so I'm working with that. Overall, things are going great, I'm just feeling my age with this one - tired tired tired. And I'm getting tired of people telling me things like, "You still haven't had that baby?!" or "I just don't think you can MAKE it for another 6 weeks..." Ummm...thanks for the encouragement...
Progress on the nursery has been slow - it takes me twice as long to do anything these days, and now that school is out, I have 2 littles at home to chase after, so my time is not my own. 
But I simply MUST knock it into high gear and "git 'r done"!! It's actually on my to do list for today.... Wish me luck.
Photobucket

12 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Brittany, I think you are looking adorable! Am praying that God will give you the energy and God-speed on that baby nursery! =)
YES! I love fun maternity clothes!! Thank the Lord He helped me to find a lot of nice mat. skirts, etc. for all of my babies. I had a couple 3 jean skirts that I lived in too! So comfy! May you have a super day and get lots done!
~Heather~

Simply LKJ said...

You look amazing! My second was almost 10 lbs, and I felt huge (and was asked so many times if I was having twins). Can't wait to see the nursery. Wish they had a cute jean skirt like that when I was pregnant!!

Cindy said...

You look so pretty, Brittany and you are always a lady. I love that about you. It's no wonder that you are so tired, that little fella is taking all of your nutrition and using it to grow big and strong. I am looking forward to seeing the nursery, too!
Hugs, Cindy
The word verification is cowpal! Isn't that cute, it goes well with your boys bedroom.

Unknown said...

Get one of those belly band thingies!! I've been able to wear my regular jean skirts the whole time. They're wonderful.

Tammy said...

You look beautiful! :)

RicKaren said...

I'd love to see a maternity wear post, I'm loking forward to the nursery photos soooo much, and 24 pounds???? Wow!I gain like 40-50 with every baby! You look great!

Charity said...

You do look cute!! I'd love to see the different things you've found. Modest clothes are hard enough to come by in non-preggo versions - you sure have found some cute things for maternity wear! :)

Melissa said...

You look amazing! I hope the next six weeks fly by for you. I would love to see a post on your maternity clothes, you always have such cute outfits in these pictures.

lila said...

You look great! Looking forward to nursery pics as well. I sent our daughter a link to you blog also and told her how nice it is. Hope she takes the time to review it. Just keep plugging along it is almost over.

Liz said...

I'd love a maternity wear post! You look so sweet, but I"m feeling for you trying to get the nursery done. With my last pregnancy I was so tired and I would work for 30 minutes, then lay on the couch for 30 minutes some days... just survivin'! :>) You can make it!

Andrea said...

I'd be interested in a maternity wear post...even though NO more babies for us! :) I still like looking at maternity clothes...is that wierd or what? HA
Can't wait to see the nursery!

~Lori Roop said...

My momma (lila) sent me over here. So here I am. :)

You look so cute! Having babies is such a blessing!

We recently had our 5th child. He was born April 14th and he weighed 8lb 10oz. He was one day shy of being 40 wks. We were blessed with a WONDERFUL homebirth. God is so, so good!


Take care!
~lori