The spring weather has kinda encouraged me to get some unfinished projects done! And let me tell ya, I need all the encouragement I can get these days... It's just plain cruel that when you need caffeine the most, you can't have any!
Somehow, I drummed up enough energy to get the living room totally. done.
And I gotta say, it does feel good! It feels so clean and fresh, and much more Springy.
The mantle got a good dose of spring time.
I wish I had some real live dogwood branches, but these fake little numbers will have to do.
At least I can't kill these.
I shopped around the house for things to make these "birdies-on-a-stick".
Here's the other side of the room. I had trouble getting a decent piccy of the whole space, but there's also a recliner over there to the right of the piano.
The coffee table decor hasn't changed much...
It feels so good to have this room all done, that I just may finish up something else! I can hear the gasps of disbelief out there... Seriously, I'm stoked about getting things done around here. But first,
I need a nap.








15 comments:
Perfect!! I love the way it turned out! Such calming colors - so peaceful. :) Enjoy your nap - you've earned it!
So pretty, and I love the birdies! Enjoy your nap!
Love! I've been sprouting some new spring things here and there. Maybe by the time summer comes, spring will be decorated! LOL
Beautiful room Brittany! I adore the blue drapes and all of the spring touches throughout. Marvelous job!
I just love your living room. Mine is about to get a major redo, I can't take dark colors anymore. Take all the naps you can get, you want get many in a few months.
Brittany, the room is just beautiful! I love all the lighter colors, and the touches of spring.
I LOVE the blues!!!!!! Job well done :)
I really like those blue drapes, I think they help tie the room together! and I'm going to have to use your scrabble tiles idea ;)
Awww, so pretty! And I LOVE your coffee table setting. It's inspiring!
Your living room is very pretty :) I like. :)
Hola soy una chica española he descubiert tu blog y lo estoy mirando enterito me encanta el estilo de tu casa, es realmente acogedora, te doy mi enorhabuena porque creo que estas embarazada, yo tengo dos hijos y no creo que me anime por el 3º.
Tu podrias instalar la herramienta de traductor google en tu blog asi miraria las imagenes a la misma par ir leyendote, si quieres ver como es en mi blog lo tengo instalado es facil y facilita mucha la lectura para aquellas personas que no dominamos el ingles. Gracias y besos encantada de conocerte.
Hi Brittany,
Your living room looks gorgeous! I love the mantle, the window treatments and pillows and the white display on the desk and piano.
So good to hear that you are feeling like getting stuff done, you must be feeling somewhat better.
Hugs, Cindy
Hello! I've never met you, but from your blog list we know some of the same people. (My s-i-law is Marc Sankey's sister. (He is a miss. to Mexico) =)
Just found your blog and wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy! That's exciting!! We just had our 5th baby and was she EVER a surprise. We are missionaries to Colombia (and soon to Argentina also, the Lord willing) and we do A LOT of traveling. We thought we weren't having anymore children. We were beyond SHOCKED when we found out about our 5th baby...but we are THRILLED with her! =) I'm glad you are feeling better. I KNOW how discouraging it is to be SICK (I was VERY sick with all 5), and how HAPPY you feel when you start feeling like "you" again! =D
I enjoy how you decorate. I decorate differently here in Colombia, due to no thrift stores, no stores that I'm used to, no antiques, etc. (The other day we were going to buy a can of spray paint and it was nearly $7.00 a can. =(
If you go to my blog several posts down you can see our Open House pics from our USA house that Jesus helped us buy to live in when we are State side. =)
Have a great day...and hope you keep feeling better! =)
(And by the way, incase you didn't go and trasnlate the lady's comment that wrote to you in Spanish above, she said nice things. =)
Brittany,
Beautiful room! Love being a 'secret follower' of your blog! Such a beautiful, inspiring place. I was surprised to find you're fairly close to us- we live in Hueytown, and have just begun attending the Pleasant Grove Pilgrim Nazarene Church. So hopefully we'll meet in person at some point! Take care of you and little bit.
So pretty! I've missed you and somehow did not catch your last 3 posts. Hard to keep up with everyone but..congrats on another boy! He'll fit right in! I'm so glad you're feeling better and you look as beautiful as ever!
Post a Comment