Here's where we are so far...
Let me dig up an older piccy...
Can you find the differences?
I'll help ya...
1. Crown Molding is up!
2. Tall cabinets are actually built in, trimmed out, and painted. Now I don't freak out that they might fall over on somebody. They were leaning terribly. Old houses...
3. Table is Refinished! Well, all but the leaves. I'll get to it...
4. Chairs have been recovered.
(Eventually the space between the 2 cabinets will be a built in window seat - I can just see it!)
Special thanks to my handy man for putting all the trim up - that's not exactly in my line of expertise. But he got a brand new nail gun outta the deal, so he's happy. And I'm happy.
Having the definite opinion that table cloths are a curse from the devil himself, let me just say how much I'm enjoying the "new" table! I'd enjoy it even more if I'd finish those 2 dreaded leaves...
I've got some before and after pics, as well as a few "how-to's" coming up, just to share with you what I learned in the whole refinishing process. One thing I learned for certain - I'd rather be spray painting!


8 comments:
Looks great, Brittany! I love this centerpiece as well... I can't wait to break out a few Fall pieces when we move. Actually I'm debating to decorate for Holidays or just concentrate on getting things set up... I'm so excited to get into our house that I think I'll have to break out some seasonal items =)
Hi Brittany,
Your newly refinished table looks gorgeous! Your crown molding and the built in cabinets also look wonderful, and the window seat will just finish off your din/rm. It will be the perfect thing for an old house! I am so happy for you.
Hugs, Cindy
Beautiful as always!! I love the molding!! Did you make the cover on the chair to the right? (and I LOVE the pumpking, I know you showed it before, but it's great to see it with your beautifully redone table.) Such a cheery room. :)
Brittany,
It looks fantastic! I can so see a window seat between the two cabinets. The table is gorgeous.
I love everything you've done, the table is beautiful, and I love the idea of a window seat too. :)
Table turned out beautiful! Everything looks so clean and polished. Lucky girl to get a window seat! It's the perfect spot for one.
Looks awesome! Love, love, love the idea of a window seat! Been wanting one here...you just gave me an idea. I've started working on Arilynn's "big girl" room. We shall see. I've already come up with a plan for my kitchen again and I can just about hear my hubby groaning! HA!
So lovely!! Isn't it amazing what crown moulding or any kind of moulding can do for a room?!!! That is one of the (many) things I really miss about our PA house! Once we are more settled here, I'm gonna break out the "Honey-do List" HA
Post a Comment