Woo Hoo!!! It's finished!
Well, almost. There's a few pieces of trim still missing...gotta get new light fixtures....gotta do something about the floor... all minor details :) We'll get there eventually, but lemme show ya how it looks so far...
Don't be surprised if there is a total photo overload ahead.
We're loving this old bench! It's become the official
park-your-bum-and-put-on-your-shoes spot. I love it when pretty can also be practical. It's like double points.
park-your-bum-and-put-on-your-shoes spot. I love it when pretty can also be practical. It's like double points.
I had in mind a ledge type shelf to display pictures, so I described what I wanted to my handy little fix-it man, and he built it for me! A couple of strips of wood, a few pieces of trim, and lots of caulk and paint later...
and... Voila!
I love it! (The fix-it man likes it to, something about no holes in the wall to hang all those pictures :) He's threatening to build ledges all over the house so I'll stop putting a gazillion holes in the walls.)
Now let me go back a few months and dig up a before piccy for ya...
All together now... "EEWWW!"
All the dark paneling made the hallway feel very much like a cave.
White paint. I am SO a believer.
I declare, I believe the hall got 3 feet wider. And now I don't feel like I'm going to suffocate in there.
How bout a before piccy of the other side?
Same song, second verse. And yes, the lights were on. That's as bright as it got!
A few gallons of white paint later,
I think I just heard the walls take a deep breath and sigh with contentment.
What is it about daisies in old Mason jars? So simple, but I love them!
The stairs before:
(pardon the little monkey up there, and don't ask what he's doing. I have no clue...)
And after.
They've come a long way, baby.
We'll not get into all the blood, sweat, and tears that went into those babies.
I'm definitely enjoying the progress!
Now I can move on to other things.
There's more paneling to conquer, and I'm ready for it.








20 comments:
Wow, wow, wow, and wow! How do you do it girlfriend!? Nancy from OHIO
Wow Brittany! Paint can cover an entire multitude of ugly, can't it? It is just amazing to see such a drastic transformation. I love the little ledge above the bench. Having handy-man around is so nice. I enjoy having one around my house too!
I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it...get my drift?!? :) WOW!!!! Awesome job! I got the paint for my kitchen and dining room today (and a couple of decor items). Now, if I can get some of your energy to get this done!!!
Brittany! You are amazing girl!!! That is so gorgeous and what a great idea to put a ledge there. That old panelling was always ugly, I can tell you because that was in the house I grew up in and it was EWWW! even when it was new. I love, love, love, the old church pew, I want one, only smaller. I can imagine a black lantern type of chandi and a wood floor gracing the place... gorgeous! Yours will be the most lovely little parsonage in the good ole USA! Hugs, Cindy S
So, so, so much better! I love the old church bench and the picture shelf...my husband would be all over that idea!
I am speechless! Brittany, it is just beautiful...I cannot believe the transformation. I truly believe your home belongs in a magazine. Love the ledge shelf...you may have tell how it was built ;)
WOW!!! Do you drink something that keeps you going?! LOL
Lovin' all that white and the ledge, gonna have to get my hubby to build me one!
This is a gorgeous transformation! You are so talented!! Magazine worthy. I am praying for your friend Connie. The baby is so precious. Have a blessed day!
Awesome! I am wondering what exact white paint??? My honey got some for a project and it has a gray feel! Ugh!
Since I was covering such dark paneling, I used the kilz latex paint (from Wal-Mart). There are several shades of white available, but I used the one called "white" :) (The "bright white" is a little too much!) I got the satin, and it really has a nice sheen, and is SOOO easy to use. Besides, it's CHEAP! YAY!
LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! almost makes me wish I had dark paneling so I can go paint it white! lol.
Like always, I love every touch you put into it!!
Oh, and my post about my kitchen window treatments goes up tonight (linking to you of course!! Ü)
I'm a fairly new reader to your blog (but I'm also a PB/Martha Stewart/decorating addict) and I must say, you do a great job on a dime! I'm also all about the thrift stores and the spray paint, so I totally feel you on those. You really *can* have a lovely home without breaking the bank, if you're creative and willing to put in the work. You are proof of that!
Beautiful, no other words for it. Love everything about it.
I can't even express to you how loudly I want to say WOW!
Brittany all I can say is WOW!! What a difference - beautiful! Sincerely, Jeannette
Beautiful, beautiful. Wow. I love the transformation!!
Sooooooo beautiful! I think I'd just have to walk through that area all throughout the day and admire it.
Thanks, Brittany, for the paint info!
Oh my goodness Brittany. This has to be one of the best make overs I have seen! You have done such a beautiful job!!
Oh...My goodness! You have taken a sows ear and turned it into a silk purse! God has truly blessed the work of your hands every inch of the way!
Blessings,
Carolynn
Post a Comment