Friday, March 5

Some Pretties and a Roadkill Rescue Dresser

I'm so proud of my hubs. He actually spotted this chest of drawers on the curb all by himself. *Sniff* Makes a thrifty wife proud. I just wish I'd been there to see him load it into his little Honda Accord... Hehe. Um, I mean to HELP him load it...
I can't decide if he's turning into a junking freak like me, or if he was just tired of digging around in the bottom of his closet for socks and unders...
It was in PERFECT condition! Just needed a touch of updating.
And it was the perfect pair for my Thrifted picture...
Ok, so I'm joking. A little. I did use both pieces, though!

Here's how it all came together...
I took the ugly picture out of the frame, painted two frames and the dresser, and then as always, I couldn't stop without distressing them to add some needed character.
I love how it turned out!
I picked up this vintagey looking wire basket at a Thrift store for 15 cents! Makes a great home for his keys and watches.

So here's the bigger picture, if you were wondering where we put it...
I really liked the symmetry of the 2 matching nightstands flanking the bed, and quite honestly, I miss it. But we needed drawer space way more than we needed symmetry and a perfectly balanced room. I spect I'll get use to it by 'n by.

The coolest thing about finding this chest of drawers is how CLOSELY it matches my dresser!
If you stand back and squint, you'd swear they came as a set.

And since we're talking about my dresser, I want to show you this vintage nighty set I found at the same Thrift store...
I've been looking for some kind of an old lacey garment to hang on my mirror, and this one is so pretty. It has some lovely feminine details...
Poor hubs. He thought I'd bought something to WEAR.
Silly man.
I love how it softens the dresser area. Makes it look all romantic-like!

I'm on a roll now. I've ALMOST finished a few other projects, that I'll be sharing real soon. I think the lovely spring weather is helping me get my mojo back. We've got daffodils and robins!!! HaPpY hApPy JoY jOy!!

Have a super duper weekend!
Photobucket

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What an awesome find! There's never anything on the side of the road here except roadkill! LOL! (Won't be making any hillbilly stew for awhile!)

Shirley said...

You know how I love it!...and YOU!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow that is amazing. I could never find stuff like that. Even when I shop in stores, they see me coming and mark them UP lol. Your room is making me think about white as a colour in my room. I don't know WHAT to do with my space. I used to think I was pretty good at decorating but lately I don't even know what I want!

Your bedroom is gorgeous. I'd have never thought to put it all together like that. You have a great eye

Anonymous said...

I love that night gown. Your bedroom is just beautiful!

Tammy said...

I love to see your FOFs! You are so talented at re-doing things and making them unique and your decore is great. Love the nighty- my hubby would of reacted the same way! But it is romantic on the mirror.

Andrea said...

love the dresser and love the staging on it!!
LOL about the nightie - it does look perfect there!

Cindy said...

Your room is so DARLING!!! I love it, Brittany. Your hubby is awesome, you have trained him well. Your room looks very dreamy and romantic, you have it looking absolutely wonderful!
Hugs, Cindy S.

Charity said...

Beautiful!! I love what you did with the frames on top too. The nightgown does look so sweet there - your bedroom has come together so beautifully!

Maresa said...

your projects have turned out so beautiful.... as always!! So glad you are back.

Nancy said...

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! YOU NEED TO GET AN AWARD FOR YOUR CREATIONS! I do not have a blog but if I did you would get one from me! Nancy from OHIO

Grandmagene said...

Your whole home is beautiful. You do such an awesome job of decorating. Your room is just dreamy. I love it. I am not creative. Could I hire you??? lol lol I love looking at your blog. Always anxious to see what you have done next.

TidyMom said...

Brittany I LOVE LOVE LOVE your room!!! - I making my way thru your blog - but I'd LOVE to hear about the piece above your bed too!! is it mentioned in another post?

I LOVE the whole room! you sure have the "touch" with details!!! - I added your bathroom makeover to my tumblr blog - and I'm adding this too!! http://tidymom.tumblr.com/