Monday, February 15

A SA-WEET Day!

Didja have a happy Valentine's Day?
I think I'm starting a tradition of baking Valentine's cookies to hand out after church on Valentine's Sunday. But, I enjoy making them....and the folks sure seem to enjoy taking them!
I cheated and used refrigerated sugar cookie dough, and store bought frosting. Shhh....don't tell.
I made a special Valentine's dinner for my sweetie...
I got a picture of the sweetie, but I forgot to get a picture of the dinner... so, I'll have to leave that one up to your imagination :)
It was all well and good.
BUT...
My most awesome Valentine's gift was a complete accident.
We went over to my Mom's for refreshments Sunday evening, and I got to rummaging around in her apron drawer. And I found it. One of my Granny's hand made aprons.
I pretty much flipped for it, and begged Mom to sell it to me on the spot. But she had mercy on me and just let me have it. Granny was short. Like me. So her apron fit me to a T. (Aprons are usually way too long waisted on me.) But I just LOVE the ric-rac trim and especially the rose fabric - spots,holes, and all! I'll never get rid of this one. I won't even spray paint it.
Mom had several others, too. We got cracked up when we found an old kleenex in the pocket of one of them - it had probably been there 15 years :) Granny ALWAYS carried a tissue in her pocket. Brought back lots of memories. Happy memories...


<span class=

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post. You and your hubby make a beautiful couple. You are so blessed to have some of your grama's things. I adore that apron, it is so cute! It matches your lovely decor, too. Hug, Cindy S.

Charity said...

Oh, those cookies look really yummy!! Even if you did cheat a little on them. :) Cute apron too! How fun to have one that was your grandmothers!

Shirley said...

Oh, Britt, that is so neat! I love that apron. I'm an apron lover, too. It's perfect. The cookies are perfect,too! You must have a steady hand, I can only imagine what they would have looked like if I did them. I really, really like that picture of you and David. Just beautiful!

Unknown said...

Aww what sweet memories of your Grandma and what a beautiful apron. I probably should start wearing aprons. I just never think of it! You and your hubby look good together. :)