Monday, November 23

The new laundry room / bathroom...

The laundry room is done! WooHoo!! I LOVE progress. And each time we finish a new room, I say it's my favorite :) But, really, I do love how this room turned out - and I can't wait to show it to you!
WARNING - PHOTO OVERLOAD AHEAD!
Let's start with the before:
Not bad, really. Just purple. And ordinary.

And now the "after"...
(ignore the bare light fixture...still gotta fix that.)
The soft sage green did wonders for the walls, and the black really perked up the sleepy vanity and sconce lights.

I saved me a few pennies by making my own curtains (I found the black toile fabric for 1.50 a yard! -Happy Dance- I won't even tell you how MANY yards I bought. I couldn't resist...) You'll notice the very simple style... I didn't exactly want a challenge. But I fancied it up with a little ribbon, and of course some pom pom fringe.

I love how the silver light fixtures looked after they got a good healthy dose of black spray paint, and a couple of new globes.
The new knobs on the vanity were exactly what I had in mind...thanks Hobby Lobby! The harlequin pattern was the perfect finishing touch. And the 50% off sale made them that much better.
I really wanted big black cafe style shelving over the washer / dryer area. But I thought I'd have to put it out of my mind for sure when I began to price them. These are the ones that gave me the idea, from the Ballards catalog...
I described what I was wanting to the hubs. A few days later he brought home some shelving that had been discarded at the job site, and they were perfect!
He cut them down to size for me, and attached some old brackets that I had saved from our last kitchen remodel. (Thanks, Baby - You are DA MAN!) Then, you know the routine, I spray painted the daylights out of 'em.
I think they are perfection. Mainly because they were FA-REE. And my storage baskets fit perfectly. And besides that, they're just so CUTE!

I'm not real sure why, but I have ALWAYS wanted an old antique iron. I finally found one cheap at an estate sale, and I love how it adds a touch of nostalgia to the shelves. It looks right at home up there :) And it's a great reminder to me, that ironing COULD be worse...

We've had a busy week...and it's only going to get worse! We celebrated our 11th Anniversary on Friday, and I was so busy I didn't even get a post up. Shame shame... Oh well, Happy Anniversary to my Sweetie, and thanks for the wonderful kid free dinner out!

And now we're planning the MOVE. It's going to happen the week after Thanksgiving. If we're still alive at that time...
You know what that means...I gotta get myself in gear and get this house packed up!
See Ya...

6 comments:

Charity said...

Love it!!! The curtains turned out great! The whole bathroom is beautiful! I've been toying with the idea of painting the vanity in our main bathroom. hmmm... :)

Anonymous said...

Brittany, I LOVE this bathroom! It's definitely the favorite room I've seen. You're so creative. Great job!

Simply LKJ said...

Brittany, the room looks fantastic! Love the black and white. I have those knobs on two pieces in our upstairs hall and love them.

Melissa said...

It looks great. Once again you have done an outstanding job. Now if I could just get my basement finished and make my laundry room look half that good, I'd be happy.

Andrea said...

beautiful!!

Shirley said...

Britt, I have to confess that I've been so taken up with fb that I've neglected blogs. I just now saw your new bathroom. What a delight to see your accomplishment! You are the wonder-woman. I love it and you too!