Thursday, October 22

The Jar Project...

When we move, I will have a nifty little pantry in the kitchen. (YAY!) So I've been thinking of ways I can make it all cutesy, even if it is just a pantry. I despise how messy and cluttery my cabinets get, and I'm trying to come up with ways to avoid it. I want it all to be more organized, and user friendly. So when I spotted these cheap jars at Wal-Mart (where else), my little wheels started spinning.
Naturally, I spray painted the lids oil rubbed bronze...
You may laugh at my spray paint OCD, but I've found there are some good advantages to spray painting. Just yesterday, it really came through for me. A great big ole dog wondered into my yard, and came right up on the deck with me. I had just seen him get in a fight with my neighbors 2 dogs, and I wasn't taking any chances. I promptly sent him packing. Somewhere in our neighborhood wanders a pit bull with an heirloom white head...
Anyway, then I added little chalkboard signs with jute string. (The signs were wood rectangles from Michaels that I spray painted with chalkboard paint.)
I LOOOVE me some labels. I plan to grab a few more jars every time I grocery shop, until I have enough to fill my pantry shelves. Hello Organization, Bye Bye jumbled up mess!
Can you believe it? I finished an object, and it's not even Friday...

10 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

Very clever...and they are so darn cute! I have an organized pantry, but am not loving the "tupperware" look anymore...might have to run to Walmart!!

trish said...

What a nice idea! Very cute! :o) I have been picking up baskets here and there that will fit together and painting them, to store my items in the pantry. :o) This is the very first one I have owned too! :o)
Have a nice evening, Tricia Anne

Andrea said...

I love it!!

Melissa said...

So cute! Sure wish I had a pantry. By the way I am falling more in love with spray paint everyday.

Charity said...

Very very cute!! I'm thinking I may snag this idea! :) By the way, seriously funny about the dog!! I needed that giggle today!

Maresa said...

I love this idea and may have to steal. Very cute!!! I also needed the laugh about the dog. Thanks for sharing!

Maresa said...

I love this idea and may have to steal. Very cute!!! I also needed the laugh about the dog. Thanks for sharing!

Maresa said...

opps I didn't mean to hit the button twice. Sorry

Julie said...

I am the opisite. I have to work very hard at being organized. I am naturally a mess. My husand is always on my case. I bet if I did this I would win a million brownie points! Thanks for sharing.

Shirley said...

That'a girl...lead us forth in organization and we'll have more time foe facebook, or whatever!