I've been seeing a lot of "cloches" lately, and wishing I had me a whole bunch of 'em. But, lawsamercy are they ever expensive! (I have a sneaking suspicion that Dave Ramsy would NOT approve.) But where there's a will there's a way, right? I found some very ordinary thrift store items and made my own redneck version of the "cloche".
Trust me, these items are a dime a dozen at any thrift store. An old cheese plate, and a chunky candlestick. Betcha can't guess what I did to them... Did I hear you say oil rubbed bronze spray paint? Very good, class! You've been learning, haven't you?!
One quick coat of ORB and we have ourselves a cheapskate's cloche. And I think it's just as pretty as the fancy schmancy ones.

18 comments:
Oh wow girl! I love your idea! I have also been looking for cloches but the ones i've found are pretty pricey! I'd love to make one like yours. On to thrift shopping for me. :)
Blessings,
Sandra
Love it, Love it. I like yours just as much as a high dollar one. Your right I am sure there is no envelope labeled expensive decor(got to love Dave Ramsey).
Oh. My. Love it!! You and your spray paint!! You have me wanting to look for things just to paint!! :)
Absolutely Adorable!!! and quite affordable too. I personally love put together items best...no one else will have one the same and they all ask, "where ever did you find that?" LOL I'll spray paint anything not nailed down...hubby, kids and dogs beware! Oil Rubbed Bronze Statues...hey, now there's a thought...
Thanks, Britt, for teaching me what a cloche is... now to learn how to pronounce it. Ha! You never cease to amaze me.
Shut Up Brittany... ;) that is the cutest thing!! How do you think of the wonderful things you do???? You are so talented!! Thanks for sharing this fun idea! Nancy
You are the most hilarious person I have yet to meet! I absolutely love your ideas! Once again: beautiful job!
Neat Idea! I love it. Thanks for sharing. :)
Okay, girl. Some days you just make me sick! You come up with the neatest ideas and you always know just how to turn the ugliest things into the most beautiful treasures. Why don't you open up a store and charge the pricey price for all these things. Nobody would know, and you could get rich!
Charmed, once again...
By the way, what does David want for his B-Day? Call or email me.
Love it! Gonna go hit up the thrift stores now!
Oh how pretty! I will need to get some of this spray paint for myself! :o)
Have a nice day.
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Great job...love how it turned out and I really do like yours much better than those other ones...it's classy looking! Thanks for sharing such a neat idea ;)
Enjoy your day!
~Michelle :)
This I totally love! I think I will go to the thrift store on my lunch break and see if I can find the needed items. :) Thanks again for sharing!!!
Beautifully done Brittany, beautifully done!
Many Blessings,
Melissa
was just wondering if you glued the top to the candle stick or does it just sit on top? I absolutley love it and I am inspired to go to some thrift store shopping. First I need to find that awesome paint you use. I just love your blog. I go to it every day.
I'm all about a cheapskate's cloche! Looks great!
Thanks to everybody for your comments! My little cloche is feeling pretty pleased with itself ;) To answer Maresa's question, No, it isn't glued down, it's just perched on top of the candlestick. Because I never know when I might change my mind and take it apart :) Thanks again to each of you who leave such nice comments - you all really do keep me encouraged!
Post a Comment