Monday, July 13

Piano Bench Redo - On the Cheap.

I finally got some smarts and decided to do something about my dilapidated piano bench. Now I'm kicking myself - why, oh why did I not do this 10 years ago?! It took all of 15 minutes, not counting the part where I ran out of staples...

The pathetic "Before" picture:
All those lovely dents and knicks in the top of the bench were made just for me, compliments of a certain 2 year old with a toy hammer... (who makes those toddler toys anyway??)

The much improved and more comfy-on-the-tooshie piano bench:
This was one super easy project. I just stapled on some padding, then stapled on the fabric (which used to be an old forsaken valance), then I hot glued some trim ( from the same afore mentioned old valance) around the edges to finish her off. Easy Peasy! I've only had this old piano for about 10 years, I declare don't know what I was thinking all those years...

6 comments:

Nicki said...

What a cool idea, and it looks great.

Nancy Rosalina said...

Brittany, Now, that's an improvement!!! It looks so pretty and you did a great job! Nancy

Charity said...

Very pretty! Makes me want to find a little stool to cover! :)

Angie said...

Looks beautiful! I love that kind of quick and easy project!

Anonymous said...

Hey, what a great idea! I just have one of those cushions that sit loose on the top of mine, but it never stays on. Love y'all. See you in a few days!

Simply LKJ said...

Looks terrific! I love benches of anykind because they are so easy to change. When you get tired of one fabric it's as easy as removing a few staples, adding the new fabric and stapling again. I so enjoy reading your blog. My husband is happy to tell anyone, that I too, will spray paint anything that isn't nailed down!!