Thursday, July 2

Junky Mirror Gets a Facelift...


I found this old blue mirror at a Thrift shop. I can't remember exactly, but I think I paid a dollar for it. Remember when country blue was all the rage? Well, that was a LONG time ago. It's not so cool anymore. But that doesn't mean that this little mirror is done for. Not yet. I liked the shape, and the little rose accents. Yep. I think there's hope for it.
A little white spray paint, and a little bit of chalkboard spray paint makes all the difference! And seriously, it took all of 10 minutes. I may go back and add a touch of antiquing to the frame, to bring out those cute little roses.

The tea cup holds some pieces of chalk. Gotta remember not to use that cup for coffee....

It looks right at home, huh? It will be rather interesting to see what kind of messages start showing up. You know, this could really be a cute way to post a honey do list...

6 comments:

Nicki said...

Have you heard of the chalk board markers? I've never used them, but have heard they are really cool. They wash off with water, but won't smear of you rub the chalk board.

Melissa said...

Love the mirror/chalkboard. I really like the message, I need to give that message to Eric.

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty! You find the coolest deals at your thrift store. To be honest, I haven't been shopping in FOREVER, but when you have time, you can really find some good deals. Good job!

Sandra said...

Ooh! I like the idea of turning the mirror into a chalkboard! I need to do that project! I like the message on it too!
Blessings,
Sandra

Charity said...

So cute! I love that size! :)

Nancy Rosalina said...

LOVE IT, Brittany!!!! It looks so good in your kitchen..to! You are a smart one! Hope you have a wonderful 4th! Nancy