Tuesday, May 5

I. LOVE. THRIFTING.

Hello. My name is Brittany. And I'm a thrift-a-holic.
I noticed some others bloggers were doing a thrift party, showing their treasures, but as usual, I missed it. But I'm gonna share some of my finds with you anyway. Because I get a thrill out of a great bargain, and why should I keep it all to myself? Actually, truth is, I'm kinda low on bloggy material right now. Forgive me.
You know how I love transferware and toile. Right? So you know I couldn't pass up these brown transferware pieces at Goodwill at only 99 cents each. I got 2 other saucers that aren't in the picture.

I have several pieces of blue, and LOTS of red transferware, but I don't have any brown. Till now, of course.


I also found this antique coverlet at Goodwill. I love the detail. I won't even tell you what I paid for it - it would just make you sick.


I got this little beauty for a buck. Only when I got it, it was a yucky brassy bling blingy color. Spray paint fixed her right up. Once again, it was the detail that caught my eye.


I found the set of doves for 99 cents each. Yep. Spray painted them, too.



I also found several pieces of vintage linens and hankies. I'll share more of those later.


I have a hard time passing up pitchers, too. I've always loved a pretty shaped pitcher, and this one was a steal.
I'm in the process of redecorating our bedroom (most of these pics are part of the redo), but I'm not totally done yet. I'll be sharing it a little later. It's very cheery and summery, and I can't wait to show it to you!
I hope you're all having a happy yard sale season! (If I go yard saling, I'd have to get me a boat, because it's STILL raining around here. And quite frankly, I'm sick. of. it.)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Love all the bargains. I sure miss having a good thrift store around, guess I need to get out and do some yard sales. Maybe I could get my fix. Can't wait to see you room redo.

Charity said...

Confession is good for the soul, right? :) I've found a few "steals" myself recently, but haven't shared them yet. Love the things you found! I can't wait to see the room either!

Unknown said...

honey, if the world was still here in a thousand years, they'd be doin' and archaeological dig where your house was and trying to figure out where all the spray paint came from! :-) Still, it looks nice! Happy thrifting!

Andrea said...

Enjoyed seeing all the yummies - lookin' forward to the whole room, too! I love how you draped the hankie! I have a weakness for vintage linens and have collected quite a few! Hoping to put them to usr real soon!