Friday, May 22

FOF Beachy Vignette and Guest Room REDO!

It seems like it's been awhile since I posted a "Finished Object Friday"! So, I have several little things to share.
First, I wanted to display some of the sea shells we found on the beach, as well as my little sandpiper friend that Holly gave me as a memento of our trip. (Thanks, Holly - I just love him!) Anyhoo... I found these apothecary jars at Wal-Mart and I knew they were just the thing I needed. Alls you do is add some sand and the shells, and let it sit there and look pretty. I plan to add a little more sand to the bigger jar, it looks kinda empty. I'm pretty happy with how it looks on my dresser, and every time I see it I'm reminded of the crashing of the waves and the smell of the sea air. It's good for my blood pressure. Wait a minute, I've never had high blood pressure. But if I DID, I'm sure it would be good for it.

Remember I told you I was redoing our bedroom? Well, here's one of the projects I came up with for my "new" room. I found these el cheapo platters at Dollar Tree - shoot, it doesn't get much cheaper than that.



As always, I spray painted them...





Then added some rub on words and ribbon.
Cheap and Easy. That's what I'm talkin about. There's another one of my Goodwill vintage hankies on that freshly spray painted shelf...


I actually repainted our guest room several months ago, but I never did show it to you. I don't know if I just forgot about it, or if I thought you probably wouldn't give a hoot about the color of my walls anyway. But, whether you really care or not, here's my guest room and it's freshly painted silvery blue walls.
I wasn't sure if I'd like the color, but once it dried, I loved it. It's a very calming, easy-on-the-eyes kind of color. It actually looks lighter in this picture - must be the flash.
That wraps up my Finished Objects for this Friday! Stop by the Chari Tree to see other projects or to post one of your own!

6 comments:

Charity said...

hehee... we were just talking about you and your spray paint! June, Melissa and baby Piper came for a quick visit! :) I love your projects!! The guest room looks so inviting! Oh, and I love the jars and your beach vignette.

Shirley said...

I still think David had the best idea for a gift to give you...a carton to Spray Paint! I call you the Spray Paint Queen. Well, good for you. I really got a kick out of your Dollar Tree creation. I love the look and the beach vignette is sweet. Keep it up.

Andrea said...

Ooh La La to everything!! Just Beautiful! and your guest room looks very inviting!!

Melissa said...

I just love the beach vignette, I need it for my room. The room redo is great, thanks for letting us in on it. I am going to have to get me a can of spray paint and get to work.

Nancy Rosalina said...

I love your spray painted trays...never thought of doing that! Beautiful bedroom too!

Hope you have been having a blessed week!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Very Very Nice!! You did it again!!

Rhonda