...well, actually it's hanging from my baker's rack. But it had a nice ring to it.
I'm still hung up on black and white. It's just so classy-ish. When I decorate with classy colors I can kinda pretend I'm not REALLY such a hick country girl. But...who am I kidding? Anyway, I found this idea on Cindy's Romantic Home. I LOVE her blog. If you've not checked it out, you should - Talk about Eye Candy! She has some beautiful things. Her hearts were made from pink toile paper, but I didn't have any on hand. (PHOOOEY) So, thus the black and white. Again.
I don't usually decorate for Valentine's Day, but this project just caught my eye. (And, of course, the easy factor had a lot to do with it.) It took 30 minutes at the very most. And it adds a sweet little touch to our kitchen.But I wasn't the only one getting crafty...
the guys got busy and made Valentine's cards today. Through which I discovered what a pitifully small amount of patience I have ... er, make that HAD. You turn a 3 year old and a 5 year old loose with scissors, glitter, glue, and paper, and it's...well, it's just NOT for the faint of heart. I helped them with a lot of it, but I let them write their own messages (One wrote. One scribbled.) on the inside. Then they got a little carried away and drew pictures of firetrucks inside their Valentines. What romantic little chaps.

They are most proud of their very own Finished Object Friday projects.
To see other Finished Object Friday projects, meet me over at the Chari Tree.
If I survive the cookie baking and decorating, I'll share them next week.
Now get out there and spread some LOVE!

7 comments:
What cute Valentines! Our kids have to make about 45 of them this year...2 different parties and LOTS of kids!! It is so FUN. I lose my patience rather fast with that many to do!! I'm with ya there! Love your little Valentine decor! Hope you are enjoying your warm weather. We have 50* today for the first time in forever!! We are enjoying it!! Trisha
So Cute!!
I totally understand about the patience factor :) But we are building good memories for us and them! :)
*sigh* I can like totally understand the lack of patience thing and with girls, I have to warn you, it is even worse. Their 'creative' juices never stop flowing in regards to scizors, glue and paper. Sometimes I wish they would go out and play in the dirt for a while LOL.
It's so bad that I bought BOXED valentines this year...I know...I'm a terrible mother...*wink*
I love the valentine's projects! The only "valentine-y" thing I've done is hang a "Be Mine" sign on my font door! OH, well...
Glitter alone is not for the faint of heart. Glitter pens are a life saver in Sunday School! :) Good luck with the cookies!
Love the heart decoration! I have two small trees I'm decorating for each season and those will work perfect...if I find time! :) My project to do list is only about 3 miles long right now! Don't worry about the patience thing!! Only those people who are happy to live with their houses falling down around them have much patience for that kind of mess! :)
Hi Britt, I loved the pictures and stuff. It's been a while since I visited your blog. The heart is very cute. The boys art work turned out nice. It gives me an idea for my kids in their Sunday School class. Is Jackson growing or what...look at those long legs. I love you all so much! Mom
Post a Comment