Friday, January 30

FOF From Pathetic to Pretty

I was so excited to find this adorable chair at Goodwill the other day. Isn't it just the cutest thing?
No? Well, OK, so it's NOT exactly cute. Yet. The turquoise blue seat cover was not blessing me. But the price tag was cute! I got this little gem for 5.99. And after a can of cream gloss spray paint, and an old valance turned into a new seat cover...
It has a fresh new life. I love it!

The only part that required sewing was the little pillow, and it was fairly dummy proof. I'm much more handy...and dangerous...with my staple gun.
This little chair was sort of an experiment. Now that I know how easy it is, I'm not as nervous about attacking the 8 dining room chairs that are stored in the garage. (A recent craigslist steal) Beware of flying staples, scizzors, and spray paint - I'm on a mission. Operation Rescue Old Junky Chairs is now in progress.

Be sure to stop by the Chari Tree to see more Finished Object Friday projects!

8 comments:

Charity said...

That looks awesome! I have a "thing" for old chairs. I love the way you redid this one.

RicKaren said...

cute, cute, cute!

Andrea said...

I LOVE your chair and the pillow (what do you mean you can't sew!?!)
Have a happy weekend :)

Jessica said...

Wow the chair looks awesome!! Cant wait to see what you do with all of your craigslist chairs. Isn't craigslist the best!?

Jessica said...

I forgot to tell you that I have passed along an award to you. Please come by my blog to claim!

Holly said...

Brit strikes again:) You are truly amazing! I'm also thankful for blogs. It has make it possible to get to know you like I would have never before. Love ya, sis.

Nancy Rosalina said...

Hi Brittany, I want to thank you for entering my 100th post giveaway! I have to tell you, I will be back to visit your blog...right now I am busy returning giveaway comments... :)
Your blog looks great! I love this chair! You have inspired me! I bought 2 chairs back in the summer at a yard sale...very similar to yours and I haven't yet done anything with them...I really would like to refinish them back to the wood...I don't know though...I have never tackled that job before...we'll see!
Please come back and visit anytime! Blessings, nancy

Dianna said...

Wow, I'm really impressed. It's beautiful now.