Thursday, October 9

Post Number 100 !!!

When I started this whole blogging thing, I never thought anyone would actually be interested. I still can't believe it when I glance over there to my "counter". Has this piddly little site actually been visited over 12 thousand times?! Wow, I've even managed to snag a few "followers". I don't know what brings you back time after time, but let me say THANK YOU!
Thank you all for taking the time to read my silly posts, and thank you for all of the kind comments that have been left. Sometimes, those comments are just the "pick-me-up" that I need. This blog has actually been sort of a therapy for me. I am NOT an outgoing person, I have a terrible time talking to people, and so through the years I have kept to myself, and stayed in my own little comfort zone. But when I type, I can talk. I guess because nobody's standing right there in front of me, intimidating me. So it has been good for me. I have a much easier time "meeting " friends through cyber space.
*
*
So to celebrate the 100th post and to say THANK YOU to all you readers,
*
*
*
(insert drum roll here)
*
*
*
*add a little space for suspense*
*
*
*
*and a little more space...*
*
*
*
I have a prize to giveaway! I created a 2 page scrapbook layout called "Fall Fun". All you gotta do is add your own photos or journaling.

I've grown kinda partial to this little guy, I might just have to make one for myself.
Everything on these pages (except the flowers) is handmade. So it's truly an original!
All you have to do to enter is leave a comment under this post. We'll put the numbers in a hat and draw one out to pick the winner. I guess we need a few rules, huh? Lets see... Okay, One entry per person, no entries after midnight Saturday night. Winner will be announced right here, Monday morning.

Good Luck!!


17 comments:

RicKaren said...

I am so with you on talking better with my fingers!!! I enjoy your blog so much! And oh, the first comment ALWAYS wins right?!?!? JK! Have a wonderful day!

Charity said...

Oh, fun! Am I first? :)

I just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed getting to know you through the blog! It's a joy watching your little ones growing up and seeing all your projects around the house/church and anything else you wish to share. Also thank you for being such an encouragement and sharing your parenthood story. (we're still waiting for God's best.)

Wouldn't it be fun to have a blogger get together sometime? (Like at camp or something?) :)

Melissa said...

It has been great getting to know you better through your blog. I love seeing the boys and all your many "projects". Thanks for letting us have a peek into your life.

Ellen said...

I've also enjoyed hearing more about your life. We've been friends a while now, but this has been really nice. You definitely have a gift with words!

Anonymous said...

Brittany,

I have definitely enjoyed your post. I admire your ability to decorate so beautifully. I wish I had your ability to make things look so like out of a catalog. Thanks for your post.

Rhonda

Marcus and Julie said...

Thanks for sharing a little part of your life with us. It is alot of fun to get on here and read and see what you have done. I have enjoyed it alot and you have been an encouragment to me! I hope that you will continue to do it!!
Your creativity is awesome and I wish that I had a little bit of it!!
Thanks again,
Julie

Anonymous said...

I cannot remember how I stumbled upon your blog... I immediately was captivated by your adorable boys. I have to say that I loved the "This Little Piggy" story.

I also love scrapbooking and you are very talented. I admire your creativity.

Sherry

Valerie said...

Your post first caught my attention when you were showing before and after pictures of your home. You have a great eye for decorating, I enjoy reading your blog.

Unknown said...

Okay, I want in on this. Put my name in the hat. Yes, it's true, You express yourself very well through your fingers...typing and decorating. I love you, Britt, and I'm proud to call you my daughter-in-law.

Donna said...

Brittany,
I LOVE reading your blog and viewing all your creative pictures. Alhtough it has been years since we have said "hello", I love peaking in on you and your family. Have a beautiful day!
Donna (Paul) Gerdts

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 100th post. I enjoy reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Ok so I really need you to come and spend a month with me! First on the list is redoing my house! Then we can spend the rest of the time you showing me how to make these awesome homemade scrapbook pages! Sounds like a great idea, huh?! Just let me know when you're free! :-) ~Kristi http://lynnkristi.blogspot.com/

(I'm having a problem with blogger so I'm posting as anon)

Heidi said...

Wow Britt!
I guess a free give-away is one way to get a record number of comments. Wouldn't it be great to set your comment record on your hundredth post?
Sure love ya bunches! Hug all my boys.....even the 6ft tall one.!!!

Amanda said...

Brittany, I can understand fully what you are saying about being to your self. I am the exact same way. Though, I love to type and blog, I tend to be reserved because I feel people will think what I have to say is dumb.. so, I hold back.

At any rate, I just wanted to know how much I appreciate you and your husband (and boys of course). I just wish we were closer still so we could get together. But, until then... blogging it is! ;)

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

Congrats are in order, Brittany! I remember when David came home for the holidays and all he had was your picture to moon over. I had no idea who you were at the time, but now I feel totally differently about you, (definitely credit to your blog)and I'm proud to have you as my sis-in-law. I love your blog, and hope you keep it going for a long, long while. Love Ya, Holly

Jennifer Truitt said...

congrats on your 100th blog!! To think that a year ago I actually had no earthly idea what a blog was!! Heidi was patient enough to explain all about it to me and now I love it!! Your blog is one of my favorites to check in on! You have an awesome way with words. As as told you in another comment, you are my inspiration for decorating!! Just wish we lived closer so we could scrapbook together! No one here likes to :( Keep up the good job!